Chapter 29

-Aphmau-

      "She's been missing for days now... I don't know if we'll be able to search for her, but we need to do something. She proves to be very helpful and we don't want her to get hurt. The only explanation for her disappearance is Zane took her away. She told me that's what he'd do..." 

-Dawn-

      The sun rises beyond the trees as I follow Zane with my head held low. Zane peers over and signals for me to stop. He tosses a folded paper to me and carries on. I open the note and scan it, it consists of instructions, mainly to stay here and wait for him while the fight goes on, and threats on families and peoples lives. I growl and hide behind a tree by the road, watching them line up before the gates of Phoenix Drop. 

     "The day has come!" I hear the lord of Scaleswind shout up to Aphmau. "Give me my daughter now, or I'll come in and find her myself!" 

      "This is crazy, if we can't find her after using every resource we have, then what make you think that you can?" Aphmau asks. 

      "Last chance! If you don't hand her over now, this. Means. War." 

      "Zane! Please! I-I'll marry you if you jut stop this now!" 

      Marry...? 

      "Hahahaheh, come out of this alive an 'll consider your offer."

      "CHARGE!" 

       They start attacking the wall and the gates open. 

       WHY?! Why did the gates open?! 

       Tears trail down my face in this helpless position I am. If I try to help Phoenix Drop, people are going to die. But if I don't... people are still going to die... It's a lose lose situation... Maybe if I help, we can... kill... Zane. Then he won't be able to hurt anybody... I look back over to see fire a blaze. But it seems it's calm down. 

      How long was I thinking? Has the war stopped? Who won...? Did they find Nichole? 

      Zane looks at me from the trees, I didn't notice that he was here. He comes out and takes me by the hand, leading me away from the village.