Chapter 16

I hold the blanket around me, the water Laurence and Garroth had poured on me, drips down from the tips of my hair. I explain to them what happened, and what I saw over the wall, Garroth looking a little less surprised due to his search earlier. The two come over and sit on each side of me, giving me like the fourth group hug of the day. I realize the pink aura coming back, but I don't care anymore. I let the blanket drop and I wrap my arms around them, after picking the blanket back up and walking to the door.

     "Bye guys, I'll see you later." I tell them, hurrying them out the door, and not giving them enough time to question the vibrant pink color blaring out from me like the sun.

      I make my way to my bedroom, finding a pair of clothes I picked up to change into. After getting dressed, and equipping my sword, I walk outside and travel along the streets, slowly nearing the gates. The black gashes of ash are marking it, making the wall vulnerable to any threat, even a chicken could get in easily. When I reach the wall, I peer out, seeing an O'khasis guard at the end of the dirt road leading to the town. I look closer, to clarify that it is not Zane, and sprint to Lord Aphmau's house. 

     I knock as load as possible, until Zoey opens the door to look at me frantically.

     "What's wrong?!" She asks, and I try to look past her for Lord Aphmau.

      "I saw an O'khasis guard back at the gate, I don't know what they are up to, but I'm sure it's not good." I tell her, and she bob's her head, then moves as Aphmau runs down the steps of her home.

       "Dawn, what is it?" She asks reaching my presence. 

       "There's an O'khasis guard at the far end of the road leading here, Lord Aphmau." I answer, and she starts towards the gate.

         I follow her and when we get there, we get over the wall, and head to the guard. Aphmau draws her sword and forces it the guards neck as she pushes him to the tree behind him, then he lift his arms to the air. 

          "What are you doing here?!" Aphmau demands, but he keeps quiet."Tell me!"

          "I refuse. Just kill me." The man says, and Aphmau snarls. 

          "Gah! Dawn, please assist me in bringing this intruder to the prison." She commands, and I bring out my sword. 

           "W-walk!" I tell him, and we slowly walk him to the prison.
____________________________________________
Sorry this was short again :\ and a while late :( I hope you enjoyed it though! Bwai!