Chapter 23

I walk out of the building and see Aphmau talking to Laurence just a bit away. I walk up to them and stop before them, realizing the red around Aphmau's eyes.

     "Aphmau?" I ask. 

     "Oh, I'v just been loosing a lot of sleep." She answers and I nod my head.

     "I can carry you home if your tired." Laurence suggests. 

     "Or, I could escort you home, so you don't have this creep hanging around." 

     "No, I just need to collapse on something ...or someone. Sorry about that." 

     "Heh, it's no problem. Darn, for a second there I thought you were going to confess your undying love for me. Well, maybe next time but seriously..... this look is very unlike you..."

       "Agreed. I'v only known you for a short time Aphmau, but you don't seem right." 

      "That's a weird thing to say."

      "I don't know it's just....I guess I'm thinking too much about things. Nevermind. Anyways, I have some news about the gate of Phoenix Drop. Are....are you in the mood to hear about this?" 

     "Yeah I'm in the mood to hear about anything else aside from...other people." 

     Laurence talks about the happenings of Garroth, and I look to the side, trying to cope with my odd feeling. After a few minuets I walk with Laurence to let Aphmau go back to her duties.

     "You visited him, didn't you?" Laurence says.

    "Yeah. It seems so odd. I may not have talked to him in forever but.....just....nevermind, he changed since the last time we met, so I guess this is just him." I reply.

     "Ah, I see. Just as I said before, I haven't known Garroth as long as you guys have, so you know more than I do."

    "Hey, can I tell you something?"

    "Sure."

    "Well, promise not to freak out, but I'm being targeted by someone. They want me, to get Zane to come to some location. I doubt they'll succeed, but I'm curious........."

    "What? Someones after you?! Uh- if you need back up, don't worry, I'm here to help when you need." 

     "Thank you."  

     I walk away from Laurence and head to the town square, I hope everything clears itself up......