Chapter 20

I stand next to Laurence looking out at the sun, Laurence smiles and it brings back last night before Laurence came back to get us. We were looking at the sun go down, and so soon the sun is going back up. 

    "So.....what were you and Garroth doing on the walls? It seemed you guys uh.......were having fun." Laurence says, itching the back of his head. 

    "Jealous much? Nothing was going on, we were just looking at the sun set. If you want we can go look at a sun set some time if you really are jealous." I tell him, making his face go red.

     "I wasn't jealous! Just curious!" He argues. 

     "Yup, sure you weren't." I tease, then we turn as we hear someone coming up the ladder. 

     "Garroth? Garroth are you up here?! Hello?" Aphmau's voice rings and she gets off of the ladder turning to us."I- Laurence, Dawn? Uh- where's Garroth? Never mind."

      "Lord Aphmau, you look panicky, what happened?" I ask. 

       Aphmau tells us about Katelyn questioning her, and I look down at my feet as she talks. Katelyn....

      "S-she questioned you about the pendant remains?" Laurence questions confused. 

      "You look surprised about that." 

      "I am. She was here asking about the pedant and the events of last night just this morning."

      "She was here?!" 

      Laurence talks to her and I walk off, looking out over the town. After a while they finish talking and Aphmau approaches me. 

      "How was last night? It was your first patrol for watching Kiki." She starts. "It wasn't that much of a task, but it was something."

       "............It was okay, Lady Aphmau..........I watched last shift, so I was up early this morning." answer. 

       "Good to hear it went well, I guess I should take my leave." 

      She goes down the ladder and I walk back to Laurence, him looking rather worried a bit. 

        "I could hear you guys talking............I know her.........Katelyn the fire fist......one of the Jury of Nine....." I inform. 

        "Yes, indeed she is. You know her? Have you met her before?"

        "Yeah, plenty of times actually. We talked most of the times and became good friends, well I guess we did. We didn't talk anytime outside of meet ups with others, but I got to know some things about her. Some good, and some bad."

        "Really? Why didn't you tell Aphmau?"

         "I guess they aren't that important, they were more personal matters we talked about. Feelings and stuff, classic cheesy girl talk."

         "Then why do you seem so down and dramatic?" 

         "Because. I don't know what will happen if she see's me. She works for Zane, so I have no Idea what Zane is plotting. And with that I have to worry about people kidnapping me." 

          "KIDNAPPING YOU? What are you talking about?" 

           "I talked with a prisoner we found, and apparently they're people know where I am, and that I'm important to Zane, so they want me to use me to get Zane where they want him." 

            "Does anyone else know about this?"

            "Not really, I didn't want to worry Garroth about it, and I can take care of myself if someone comes for me. I should be alright."

            "As long as your okay, I mean I wouldn't want anything happening to you, your know that right? You just got here, and I think we've become close friends already...." 

             Laurence starts getting closer with each scentence, basically pushing me up against a wall.

             "Laurence........"

             "And also I can't find girls as pretty as you that easily, it will take ages to wait for an angle to fall from heaven again."

             "LAURENCE!"

             "What? I'm just speaking the truth, oh that's right, did it hurt when you fell from heaven? If it did, I can kiss your bruise for you, even if you landed on your-" 

            "LAURENCE!!! Good bye! Your just creeping me out now....I'm going to go to the plaza." 

            I push Laurence out of my way and I go down the ladder. When I get to the bottom I leave the guard tower and start for the plaza. I see Dante walking and I quickly sprint over, standing next to him. 

             "Oh, hey Dawn." He greets and I wave. 

            "Hey. You headed to the plaza too?" I ask. 

             "Yeah, I heard the merchant is here to supply materials to build the wall the rest the way around. I wanted to see if I can help with anything, since he is quite, well....old."

             "Care if I join you? I don't have much to do, and Laurence chased me off with his poor flirting 'skills'." 

             "I don't mind at all!" 

              We reach the plaza, and see the merchant across the plaza, heading over to him. 

             "Is there anything we can help with sir?" Dante asks and the man turns to us over joyed. 

             "Yes! Can you two build me a stall? I want mine to be made from a different material than these other stalls." 

              "Oh.....um....sure..."