Chapter 15

The panic racing through my heart increases as Garroth and I walk out to see fire lining the walls. Something attacked. I don't think it was Zane, he'd get me out before doing anything. It must be something else. 

      We sprint to the gates and find Laurence trying to put some of the flames out. Garroth starts speaking to Laurence but I zone out as I feel a weird sense running though my body. A odd magic, something dark. I loose control of my body, myself being lured up the wall latter, walking through the flames without a single burn. I look around as I do this, and Laurence and Garroth are starring up at me with their eyes wide open, and what looks like to be yelling. I turn my eyes back to in front of me and then my body stops just before reaching the edge of the wall. 

     There stood a black figure, just standing there in the dead center of the road. It's red eyes beaming in my direction. As soon as I see it, I try as hard as I can to regain control of myself. Images fly through my head of random memories, but changing them up so everything I see has one of those things in them. When the images stop, I collapse backwards and fall into the fire, my vision growing dim, but still conscious. I see the faded looking Garroth and Laurence throwing water upon me, then lifting me up and carrying me. I take a deep breath and jolt up, we tobble over and I land face down into Laurence's chest. That's when I feel the tears on his shirt. He is crying. Garroth is crying too. 

      When I regain my sight, I lift myself off of Laurence.

     "Dawn! What happened?! Why would you put yourself in danger?! How did you not get burned?!" Garroth questions as both of them wrap their arms around me. 

      "Dawn you scared me to death!" Laurence tells me. 

      "I'm okay." I mumble, just so the two can hear me."And confused. It all went so quickly......" 

      "How are you not hurt? Not that I want you to be, but it's weird. You stood in fire like it was nothing." Laurence says.

      I look down, then back up and go to put my hand in the fire, but before my hand gets that close, I feel the extreme heat and stop. 

      "I don't know, but that's never happened before.........."

Thanks for reading and so sorry it was short! I will try to extend in next week, but for now guys, good bwai~