Chapter 5

We approach the barn and a young girl with a red type hair kneels down to a small squirrel and pets it's brown fur.

                                "Kiki!" Laurence says getting the attention of the girl and a few animals around the inside of the barn.

                               "Laurence, be quiet. A few baby squirrels was born today, they do need their peace." She says in a soft voice, walking to us."Hello, who might you be?"

                                "This is-" Laurence starts but I interupt.

                              "Dawn,my name is Dawn. And you are?" I ask.

                                 "I am Kiki, I take care of the animals here, all different kinds of them." She answers

                                 "You know, you don't let me talk much." Laurence sighs and looks at me.

                                "I don't have to let you speak. You have your freedom to speak and do what you want, you just. Don't. It's not my fault, just talk and do when and what you feel like it. I'm not the boss of you."

                               "Oh....yeah I forgot....wait so I can anything?"

                                "Don't even think about it, I may seem innocent but you are on my bad side. And people on my bad side see all but innocents."

                              "I'm not thinking about it......I'm doing it!"

                              Laurence grabs me and I knee him in the chest, making him fall to the ground and curl up in pain.

                                "I told you Laurence, and I would prefer another tour guide. But I'm stuck with you so get your butt up and lead me to the next place. Aphmau appointed you to give me a tour, so I want a tour."

                             Laurence manages to get up and we wave to Kiki, then Laurence leads me down more trails and roads.

                                                                       ~~~~

                            Laurence finishes up the tour by guiding me to the top of a hill to visit Aphmau's house, or I believe Lord Aphmau, as that is what I must call her if I do stay. I'm going to mention the Laurence thing too, he's really creeping me out.

                            We get to the purple, two story house, and are greeted by a woman with pointed ears, and Lord Aphmau then steps out of her house and moves to infront of her.

                        "Hi Dawn. I heard good things about you from when I was walking around town. Kawaii~Chan said she knew you a little, Kiki said you were respectful of the animals, even when you were scolding Laurence's foul behavior." She says smiling. "You've been forced to stay with Zane for a long time now, I think you could be an alli to us here and help us defeat him."

                         I stand still and look down for a moment then look back at her. A few tears form as I try to get the words to roll off my tongue.

                          "I-i, I'm sorry I- he was my best friend a-and it's too hard. I can't bare the thought of hurting him in any way. I'm sorry I truly am............but he was my only friend.........................................." I answer trying to stop myself from glowing blue by thinking happy thoughts.

                          "That is okay Dawn, I understand that he was your friend and I do respect that. But sooner or later, you will realize the monster that he is. He killed hundreds of innocent people, maybe thousands. He leaves people broken, hurt inside and out unless he gets what he wants. For now, you should go to your given house and I am having Kawaii~Chan drop off some sweets and other food. I am also having some furniture sent there to get you off to a good start. Then if you could, come back here tomorrow morning and we will talk about your job or what you can do to help around here."

                          "Yes Lord Aphmau, I have some ideas in mind." I say.

                          "Hahaha!" She laughs.

                          "What?" I question.

                          "That's the first time someone got my name correct the first try!"

                          "Oh...haha. I should be going, I believe i remember where it is."

                        I turn back around and head forth to the house Laurence had shown me to, readying myself for tomorrow, even know I may seem fragile and helpless, I am good with a sword. And I want to be a guard.

                      Thanks for reading and sorry it has been a few days since I last updated, I just got back to school and this time its jr/sr highschool, so it lots of da works!!!!!! Okay, now PEACE OUT MY LOVELY MARE READERS!!!