Chapter 13

Emmalyn comes into the door after I quickly greet her, and goes straight to my kitchen table and plops books into the center of it. I sit across of her and hold out my wrist as she takes the bracelet, then get's straight to work with a magnifying glass and stuff.

              After a while of calmly waiting, she gasps. I look at her and covers it with her hands.

              "That jewel...............it's a communication jewel!" She explains, trying to stay calm.

              "I know." I tell her.

               "But you don't get it!" She answers."If Zane gave this to you, he can hear everything you say, and can hear anything you talk about!" 

               "NO! That can't be! He said only when I want to talk to him!" I disagree.

               "But that's a lie." 

                "He would never lie to me! He's my best friend!"

                "I'm sorry Dawn, but he lied to you."

                "No! NO! He wouldn't! He couldn't! He wouldn't do that to me!"

                "Dawn...........it's Zane we're talking about."

                My jaw shakes and I feel tears run down my face. She just said the one thing I hate. Hate more than anything in the world.

                "Oh! I forgot! You were the one by his side since childhood! You were the one that stood by him and knew every single trouble in his life!"

              I burst out crying. I know she's telling the truth. But I just don't want to believe it. I just don't. I grab the bracelet and throw it where it hits the wall. It shatters, and I fall to my knees. Emmalyn kneels beside me and pats me on the back.

              "I'm sorry.......do you want me to go get Garroth for you?" She asks and I slowly nod my head.