Chapter 30

Zane pushes me into a woman in the woods, and she helps keep me on my feet. 

     "Dawn, pleasure to meet you. I'm Lily. Zane told me about you, and your little magic trick. Don't worry, my lips are sealed. Garroth even mentioned you and something about... healing yourself? That's all he said though, most of his conversation was rants about his pathetic love for that Aphmau of yours." Lily starts then I feel a tear dribble down my cheek. "Oh no... oh noooo........ Sweety, don't tell me you actually had feelings for him. What a shame, he didn't tell me anything that hinted at him feeling the same. Don't worry dear, I'm sure he'll change his mind at some point."

     I see Garroth running over here and smile, but frown as he starts to hand something to Zane.

    "Oh...Did I forget to say, Dawn, Garroth will be joining us? Must have slipped my mind." He says, turning his head to me with a grin.

     I look at Garroth, and notice Aphmau and the others rush out behind him in confusion and shock.

     "Garroth! Garroth what are you doing?!" Aphmau questions as Zane chuckles, with the amulet in his hand. 

      "Your too late, Lord Aphmau. Garroth is now a member of the Jury of Nine. He faithfully serves me." Zane informs.

      "W-what...? A-and Dawn... Is that you? Don't worry Dawn!" 

      "You obviously have him under some spell! Let him go! NOW!" 

      After Laurence says that, he charges, and Garroth stops him with his sword. Aphmau nods to me and I take the moment to take off farther into the woods, away from Zane and Lily... And... Garroth. Lily tries coming after me but stops, realizing it's pointless because I got away by a good distance. Zane turns around quickly and starts shouting to me.

     "DAWN! YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO DIE DO YOU?!" He yells but I keep going as tears trail down my face. 

     Remember Dawn, it's not like he's not going to hurt someone anyways... Just keep running...

      After a bit I make it out of the woods, still able to hear Zane's fit's of rage. I rush back to Phoenix Drop and see Dante at the gates. 

     "Dawn! There you are! Where are the others?" Dante asks.

     "I'm not too sure what happened... I was in the woods with Zane and I ran off when Aphmau and the others got there. I don't know what happened after that." I reply, dropping to the ground exhausted.

      "Hmm..... She told me to stay here and wait for them, are you going to stay here too or go check on everyone?" 

      "I'll stay here, I want to speak with Aphmau, and hope they bring Garroth back with them."

     "Very well then, lets just hope they return soon."