Chapter 14

I hear the door swing open, then close, and jerk my head up as I feel a hand place itself on my shoulder. I sit or a minuet, waiting for him to say something, but it the eerie silence continues, and the air keeps a sturdy tenseness to it. I stand up and turn around, realizing that it wasn't even Garroth. It's Laurence. That's why the airs so tense. I look at my feet and Laurence replaces his hand on my shoulder.

     "Garroth is out, so they sent me in his place." He says, and swiftly lift my head up, glaring at him.

     "You couldn't replace Garroth even if you two were the same." I snap, then feel his eyes drop to my hand.

    "I know I couldn't replace him, but I'v known him long enough to tell you that he cares about you, and he would want you to accept comfort from others when he isn't there to assist." He replies, grabbing my hand and pulling it out of a fist, revealing blood from where I was digging my nails into."Now talk to me."

    I nod and we sit at the table, explaining what happened in the best detail I could. About when Zane gave the bracelet to me, when I got mad that Emmylyn told me the one thing I I didn't want to hear, something I knew was right but didn't want to believe.
   I just let my words flow into an ocean in which Laurence was carefully guiding with his wise words of comfort, drawing me in like a fish seeking the smell of the bait. After I finish, I wrap my arms around him, giving him a brief hug, like I did when Zane was comforting me all those years ago. I feel a small smile creep over my face and look into Laurence's eyes. I can tell that Laurence is truly meaningful in every word of comfort he used to heal my wound of being betrayed. 

    "Tha-thank you......." I manage under a hush voice.

    "No need to thank me, it was nothing." He answers, again placing his hand on my shoulder.

    "Heh............but thanking you is all I can do." I tell him with a smile.

     My door bursts open and the door hits the wall, Garroth runs in and grabs me, hugging me so much that I can barely breath.

    "I heard what happened, Emmy told me. I'm so sorry that you got upset and I wasn't here to help you! Laurence thanks for comforting her! Is there anything I can do to help you Dawn? I'm so sorry!" He explains.

   "It's okay!" I tell him smiling."Laurence did a great job of helping me, and I'm okay now."

   "Thanks Laurence." He thanks looking at him then back at me.

    Garroth grabs my hands and looks me in the eyes. Laurence gets up and starts heading for the door. I look to Laurence and shout his name.

   "Laurence!" I yell and he looks back."Thanks!"

    He nods as he leaves, and I look back to Garroth with a smile.

   "So, where were you?" I ask "Someone came to the gate claiming they saw some monster of something in the woods, so they had me go check it out."

   "Interesting.... did you find it?" 

   "No, I didn't. But I'm going back out tomorrow."

   "Can I come with you?"

   "Hmmmm Maybe. You'd have to ask Aphmau." 

   "Okay!"

   I feel my face heat up and I realize my hand starting to glow pink. I turn away from him and shake the feeling away, hoping he didn't notice. Before I look back, we both turn our heads to the sound of screams.

    Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and continue reading my content!