3: Chapter 28

Masky

I picked up the remaining tent poles and put them back in my bag. We over slept and we needed to get a move on. I can't be apart from Hoody any more, ever since I had a dream about him last night, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Jeff got on Pinkamena's back with no hesitation, while Ben jumped on top of Dash with a low grunt. Seeing those two brought back another memory I wish I have never seen again. Of what happened in their tent.

I closed my eyes, willing the thought to go away. Luckily a few minutes later while we were walking, it slowly vanished.

Jack turned his focus on me. I saw he was clutching something in his hand. It was Nina's picture. "Do you know how long it will take us to get there?" I thought about it for a minute. "Probably two and

a half hours if we don't make any stops." I looked at Ben and Jeff when I said the last part. Ben looked taken aback. "We're not the ones that are gonna slow you guys down!" "I know, you guys always blame us for messing up."

Ben, Jeff and Jack started bickering. I was about to tell them to shut their mouths when something knocked Ben off Pinkamena. What the? Jane? She got on Ben and tried to pound him but he pushed her off.

His pupils got bigger and took over his whole eye. I knew Ben wasn't him any more. "HEY!"  Coat Hanger and Jack were in an intense fight while only a few feeet away Pinkamena was in a fight with Sonic. Dash was in the air while Squidward was shooting up at her and Jeff was in a very bloody fight with The Rake. I was about to help Dash, but the guy that took Hoody, I guess goes by the name Stranger, appeared in front of me.

It was like all these people were here on purpose. All of them had their match that fit their ability. Was this Max and Zelgo's plan? Stranger round kicked me and I hit the ground while clutching my stomach.

Suck it up Masky, do this for Hoody. I quickly got up before Stranger's boot connected with my face. I tripped him up, but he was to good. He dodged it and tried to punch me.

I got some distance away from us and checked on everyone else. They were doing fine. Especially Ben who had Jane on her knees and begging for mercy. It was fun to watch Jane suffer. She deserves it after everything she did. I got Stranger on the ground and started throwing punches at him. He blocked some of them and threw me off. He wasn't getting away with this. He's going to die.

I grabbed my knife and ripped off his mask. Yep, it was definitely the same guy. I stabbed his shoulder and he let out a shrill cry. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HOODY!" He kept silent so I stabbed his other shoulder. "TELL ME!" He looked the other way. "I'm not telling you anything." I wanted to kill him so bad. I punched him and his eye swelled shut, forming a black ring around his eye. That gave me more motivation. "TELL ME...or so help me I will torture you to death. So you know every thing I felt."

He avoided my gaze and stared somewhere above me. I shook my head. I was getting no where. Someone kicked me in my side and I got on my feet. Jack was running towards me. It seems Hanger had no use in him anymore.

Jack jumped Hangers back and forced him to the ground. Jack's face had lots of cuts on his face that were oozing black blood and some slashes in his Jacket, but he didn't seem to mind. He was probably more focused on the prize kidney he'd get if he won the fight. I don't think Hanger has kidneys, but Jack's urgency to get it was the only thing keeping him going. He reminded me of an animal when I watch him fight.

Something spun me around and before they could lay a hand on me I stabbed the person in the stomach. Stranger. His red eyes widened and dimmed to more human like eyes. It was blue-green with a black pupil. His face softened and he gave a small smile. "T-tell Max I love him would you?" He fell backwards and my knife came out due to the fall with blood dripping from the blade.

What? Max and Stranger were....together? I turned away from him and saw everyone else done with their opponent. Jack placed a hand on my shoulder, his mouth was covered in fresh blood, while Coat Hanger laid lifeless. Apparently he did have kidneys.

"Lets go. If there's more, they'll slow us down again." I nodded, but the insight of killing someone's lover still made me feel  guilty and sick of myself. If anyone hurt Hoody I'd probably kill myself in the worse way possible. "Lets go Masky." He gave me one final tug before I gave in.

Why did Stranger's eyes turn human? Was it because he had a tie with Zelgo and since he was dead his tie with Zelgo was broken? Or was it something else? I got on top of Pinkamena with Ben infront of me and we sped off.

If we had a fight here, I can only imgaine what will go down at Zelgo's place. Pinkamena sped faster and I could see volcanoes in the clearing. I was getting closer to Hoody. I smiled a little and the guilt subsided some. It was still there, but it wasn't as bad as before.

Dash ran next to us with Jack running next to her. I almost laughed hysterically at this. We were actually going to get Hoody. So much happiness bubbled up inside me that I couldn't help but smile and give a small chuckle. Pinkamena heard me and gave me a curious gaze.

"You okay over there?"

   I smiled at her.

"Yeah, just happy."