Chapter 1

Elizabeth POV

"Is everything okay, sweetheart?" I heard my mom from the passager seat.

I torn away my gaze from the window and looked at my mother.

"Yeah, I'm only a bit tired." I told her.

"Did you already took your medicine?" she asked again.

I only nodded.

"Then take a rest, princess. It's still a long way until we arrive." my father said looking back to the road.

I just nodded at them an looked out of my window again. Soft rain drops poured down from the sky blurring my view to the road.

My parents, my older brother who sits next to me sleeping and I are moving away from Washington D.C back to Florida. It's really far, right?

I was born in Florida and spend there the first 7 years of my life until we had to move away because of me.

I felt my eyes getting heavier until I drifted into the darkness.

~Several hours later~

"Wake up. We will arrive in 10 minutes." my brother, Jake, told me softly shaking me lightly.

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and tried to figure out where we were. The sun was already shining brightly.

After a few minutes the car stopped.

"We are here." my father told us.

I looked out of the window and saw a really big house. My mouth hang open and my eyes grow wider to the size of a baseball.

"Ehm...dad, are you sure that's our house?" Jake asked in disbelief.

My parents both chuckled.

"Yeah, that's our new house. You like it?" my mom asked us.

I look at Jake.

"We love it!" we said at the same time and hopped out of the car.

I think I will like it here.

My mother opened the front door and I just stood frozen in my place.

"Holy banana..." I whispered to myself.

This house is just the best. We only had a little house in Washington D.C. so I had to share my room with my brother but he had it for himself the most time because I spend almost everyday somewhere else.

"You and your brother can choose your bedrooms." my dad told me.

I looked at my brother while he was still checking out the place.

"Which room do you want?" I asked him.

I wasn't that kind of person who would fight for a bedroom. At least I do have one.

"I don't really care. You choose first and I just take the one that's left." he said and shrugged his shoulders.

That's what I liked about my brother. He would always ask me first or make any choices before he does.

I went up to the second floor and saw there three doors. I opened the first one on my left side and saw a bedroom.
I turned around to the door right in front of it and opened it. This time it was a big bathroom.
I opened the last door at the end of the corridor which was a bit far from the other two and saw another bedroom with a balcony.

I left the room and went up to the third and last floor. There was only one door and I opened it.

I gasped.