Chapter 18

Elizabeth's POV

It's been 5 minutes.

5 minutes since I came here.

And 5 minutes since I stood here thinking if I should rang the doorbell or not.

It's a bit strange me coming here so suddenly. Blake didn't know where I was the whole week.

Did he even care?

I don't even know if he realised that I wasn't there.

Finally deciding I finally rang the doorbell and waited for a while. However, no one opened it.

Strange...

I grabbed the knob and slowly opened the door.

Oh it's open...

Without thinking I just stepped in and closed the door behind me quietly. I know I shouldn't just come in but well no one opened the door and it was open so why not? I won't get in that much trouble...I hope. That's when I realised it. It's like I broke into Blake's house. Well I did that everyday when I was young.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I suddenly heard a noise from upstairs. I slowly made my way up.

It's like in one if those horror movies where it's dark in a house and you hear a noise. Being the stupid character of this I went up to see what happened when suddenly someone murders me.

I hope this won't happen to me in real life.

I went to Blake's door and knocked three times.

"Blake?"

Nothing. I tried again.

"Blake? Are you okay?" I asked a bit worried.

When he didn't answer again I went in without knocking again only to see him laying on the floor with his face ahead.

I run up to him and turned him around. He was sweating a lot and he had a high fever.

"Jesus, how long did you stay in the bathtub?!" I asked him only to get a 'hmmm' as answer.

I just rolled my eyes and tried to carry him on his bed. I said I tried.

I was too small to carry him and he was to heavy to be carried. That's why I pulled him to his bed. I know I shouldn't do this to a sick person but you can't blame me. I don't want to get smashed under him.

After 10 minutes I made it to his bed and covered him with his blanket. He was sound asleep while I was extremely exhausted.

"What should I do?" I asked myself.

I couldn't let him behind like this. So I decided to take care of him.

However, there is one problem.

I don't know how to take care of someone who caught a cold. I was/still am the only one in my family who is sick every freaking time. Jake was the healthy child of us. He only got sick once year. Lucky guy.

But I still can remember how my mom took car of me.

I went to his bathroom and brought some water and a cloth. I had to clean him up because his sweat was going through his t-shirt.

I stood beside his bed and put down the water and cloth beside me.

"Blake, I need to clean you up. Can you sit?" I asked softly.

I saw his eyes open a little bit but he closed again. I helped him to sit up while I took off his t-shirt.

Oh gosh, I think I'm getting a fever too....NO! Elizabeth! Get a hold of yourself!

I stared at his six pack for a few minutes when I finally decided to do my job. I washed his back, neck, face and his gorgeous six pack. Jeez I should really stop drooling over him.

When I finished I took the water and his now wet from his sweat t-shirt and went back to the bathroom. I went to his closet and took out a grey t-shirt.

I felt like a mother taking care of his child. It's kinda cute. He always took care of me when I got a fever and I took care of him when he got sick. It was always like that. Well...unti I left.

I still felt guilty but I can't do much now. If Blake's decide to hate then I will accept it now. Eventually I already reached my goal for my life. I found my beloved childhood friend.

I was sitting beside his bed watching him sleeping. He looked so peacefully. No worries. No trouble. Just a cute Blake sleeping.

"Elizabeth..." he mumbled in his sleep.

I felt butterflies in my belly. I couldn't help but smile at him. He was dreaming of me....

Old memories of him and me suddenly came up. How we used to sleep beside each other, play in parks and gardens, how we always did everything together.

Then out promise to each other. To get married when we grow up. Does he still remember it? Or did he already forget it?

Only thinking of being with other woman's hurts. Does he even have a girlfriend? What if he does? Would he choose her over me?

That's when I realised one thing.

I fell once again in love with Blake Anderson.

*******

Blake was still sleeping and it's already noon. I already called my parents and told them that I will come home late or I will stay at Blake's house.

His fever got down a bit but he still was sweating so I had to change his t-shirt for a second time.

I put a soaked wet cloth on his forehead and went downstairs to their kitchen.

He might get hungry when he wakes up so I wanted to make something warm like porridge. I looked around the cabinets and fridge to take out everything I needed and started cooking while hearing music and singing and dancing to it.

Blake's POV

I woke feeling like shit but better than before. I slowly sat up and looked around my room. It was already dark outside.

"Sh*t...how long did I slept?" I mumbled to myself.

A wet cloth fell down from my forehead and I stared at it.

I don't remember having one on my forehead...

I then realised that I had another t-shirt.

Holy shit! What the....how?!

I slipped out of my bed and walked out of my room only to hear someone singing downstairs. I then smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen.

Is mom already back?

I slowly made my way downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. The music got louder and peeked my had into the kitchen only to see Elizabeth singing and dancing like crazy.

"EVERYBODY'S DANCING, DANCING CRAZY AND WE NEVER STOP~NEVER STOP~" she sang while using a spoon as mic.

I stared at her amused and tried to surpass my laughter. It's been such a long time since I saw her dancing and singing like that. She is really a good singer but a horrible dancer.

"I LIKE YOU AND YOU LIKE ME! WE GET TOGETHER AND WE'RE HAPPY! DID YOU HEAR ME SAY THAT?! DID YOU-DID YOU-DID YOU HEAR ME SAY THAT?! *SMACK*" she sang and smacked her butt.

I couldn't help and let a light laughter escape but she was so into singing that she didn't notice me. I leaned against the door frame and watched her.

I really missed her. She always brought me to smile and laugh even though I didn't want to or wasn't in a good mood. She always cheered me up and would never give up.

Maybe....Just maybe...I fell in love with her...