Chapter 40

Blake's POV

The sky was dark grey, signaling us that it was about to rain. The wind was getting a bit colder.

We all stood there, staring at the person in front of us, with a peaceful look on the face.

My family and friends were surrounding the whole place with a sad look. Some had tears on their faces and some already cried enough that nothing came out anymore and they only started to nowhere.

Today was the funeral of the person I loved with all my heart and still do. I tried to hold my tears when I saw them closing the coffin and lower them into the ground. I heard sniffs and sobs around me but I didn't let a tear slip. I needed to be strong.

There was one cry that could be heard through the others. A mother who lost someone important in her life, someone she thought she would lose so early.

Two men started putting earth over the coffin and soon we all left the now fresh grave. On the stone was written:

Beloved father and husband. May we meet again.

Jackson Richard Anderson
xxxx-xxxx

I glanced a last time over to where my father laid and went to my mother.
I hugged her tightly as she softly cried. Emily was hugging her legs as she cried. I bend down to her and took her in my arms.

"I miss him..." she cried in my shoulder.

"I know, me too. However, he didn't left us." I said.

She pulled back and looked at me weird. I pointed a finger on her chest where heart was.

"He will be always in here, watching over us and protect us. Never forget that, Emily. That's why we have to be strong, for him." I told her.

She nodded and wiped away her tears. I stood up and looked at my mother. She calmed down a bit but still sobbed.

"Let's go and bring you both home so that you can rest." I said and lead them to my car.

As we arrived, my mom immediately went to her room saying that she was tired. I put Emily into bed waiting for her to fall asleep. When she did I left the house and made my way towards the hospital.

Through the drive I was deep in thoughts. So many things happened in only a few months.

I will be honest and say that I did many things in the past which I really regret now. I've changed and that's because Elizabeth came back. She was just a normal girl, yet she still manage to tame me. The only who could ever handle me was my father but now he is gone. He is now in a better place which I'm happy. Elizabeth is now in charge for it.

I arrived at the hospital and slowly made my way to her room. It's been 3 days since the surgery and she is getting better and better. She woke up a couple hours after the surgery which surprised everyone, even the doctors. Normally she would have fallen into coma but her body somehow healed faster and better than before. She wanted to attend the funeral but her doctor didn't let her. She still has to stay for a few weeks until she can leave. They want to make sure that her body get used to her new heart and that it's working probably.

After the surgery, she started to cry non stop. Not because of her body but because she felt bad. She still thinks that she "killed" my father but then my mom came in and they talked for a really long time. After their conversation she stopped blaming herself. Seems like my mom made her stop.

I stopped in front of her room and knocked gently before I went in seeing my beautiful girl laying on the bed wide awake while she watched some TV.

Elizabeth POV

"Blake!" I yelled and throw myself at him.

"Hey, hey slow down girl before you get hurt." he chuckled.

He hugged me gently careful not to hug me too tight.

"It can't be helped. I was bored and watching the news didn't help at all!" I exclaimed.

No shit, I was getting super bored. Everyday waking up and be in the same room is getting in my nerves.

"How was the funeral?" I asked quietly.

I hated talking about it and I hated the fact that I couldn't even attend it. I was so mad at the doctor but I understood why I wasn't allowed to leave yet.

"Everything went well. I will bring you there when you get out." Blake said with a sad smile.

Blake is a strong boy but also stubborn. He wants to be cool and not cry but I knew that he want to let everything out.

"Blake?" I called.

"Yes?"

I slowly slipped out of my bedsheets and went to a sitting position in front of him. My whole hurts like hell but not as much as before.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" Blake asked and immediately stood up from his seat.

"I only wanted to sit and now shut up and come here with your chair." I said and pointed at the spot in front of me.

He looked at me confused but did what I told him. He sat right in front of me still looking at me weirdly. He was really tall and even though my bed was higher than his chair, his head was still at the same level like mine.

I pulled him into a hug, with his head on my shoulder. At first he was taken aback from my sudden movements but still wrapped his arms around me.

"You really are an idiot, you know that?" I asked.

"Where did that suddenly came from?" he mumbled in my shoulder.

Ignoring her question I spoke again.

"Always playing the strong bad boy, trying to keep your cool with everything. You're really good at hiding your true feelings. But you know what, every strong boy needs to lose up and let everything out." I paused waiting for Blake to say something but he didn't so I continued.

"You know I love you, right? You can't hide anything from. That's why you can be yourself when you're around. I won't thing of you as a weak boy. You're the strong boy I fell in love and the boy you're family is proud of having." I said with a little smile on my face.

I felt my shoulder getting wet and a sob came from his mouth. He hugged a bit tighter but still gently.

That's what I wanted to reach. I wanted him to let out everything. I wanted him to be free from the burden he held for a long time now. I rubbed his back letting him cry on my shoulder.

After a while he calmed down and he slowly pulled away but I was still in his arms. I looked at him. He had red puffy eyes and his nose was a bit red but to be honest, he still looked freaking hot. I would look like a person who was in a tornado and came out looking like a monster.

I wiped away the reaming tears with my thump and gave him a peck on his lips.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too. Damn you made me cry like a baby." he said trying to lighting the mood.

"But you're my cute baby bad boy." I teased with a smile and kissed him again.

"Oh shut up."