Chapter 42

Elizabeth's POV

He didn't call.

He didn't even wrote a message.

Should I worry?

No, no I'm sure he's only tired and forgot about.

I sighed and put my phone away. I was laying on my bed at 10 pm waiting for Blake to call me but he didn't. I was waiting for hours and I'm sure he should have arrived already.

Pushing all my worries away I stood up and made my way towards my bathroom. I took a quick shower and dried my hair afterwards before I slipped into my pajama and went to bed.

I didn't fell asleep immediately. I was rolling around my bed thinking about Blake and the possibilities why he hasn't called me yet.

Not only that, but I was also nervous to sleep. I decided to go to the University of Florida College of Medicine. You all remember me saying that I wanted to be a doctor? Well I want to follow my dream so I sent a letter along with the needed things to the university one month ago. I know I am kinda a bit late but I had explained it in my letter. I should be getting an answer tomorrow. I am only hoping that I will be accepted.
About an hour later I finally fell asleep.

*****

"Elizabeth! Wake up, hun!" my mom yelled as she stormed into my room.

My eyes shoot open and I looked around in panic before I fell off my bed with a yelp.

"Oh my fucking God!" I yelled as I slowly sat up and rubbed my head.

"Language, young lady!" my mom scolded at me.

"Oh please, you were the one who nearly gave me a heart attack!" I exclaimed and stood up.

"Anyway, I got here something for you!" she yelled in happiness.

"Couldn't it wait until later?" I asked her.

"No. Here." she said and handed me a letter.

I looked at her confused when I suddenly read the name of it. My eyes grow wide and I immediately ripped it open and scanned every word of the letter until I found the one word I searched for.

Accepted

"And? Did you get in?" my mom asked impatiently.

I started to squeal and jumped up and down.

"I got accepted!!!" I yelled at my mom and hugged her.

"Congratulation, hun! You worked hard. Now that calls for a special breakfast for you!" she said and went downstairs to the kitchen.

I looked once again at the paper and kissed it. I know I am weird but I know that I am not alone.

I practically run to my phone and looked if any messages came but nothing. Not even from Blake...

Soon the happiness I felt a while ago fell and I was only upset again.

Should I call him?

"He must be busy..." I said in a whisper and throw my Phone to my bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Since I was accepted, I had to organise my things for it. I wasn't staying in a dorm since it's not that far away but I am thinking of getting a job so that I can afford my own apartment in the future. I can't stay here forever.

After brushing my teeth and washed my face, I changed my clothes and put my hair into a messy bun.

"Elisabeth! Breakfast is ready!" my mom yelled from downstairs.

"I am coming!" I yelled back before I grabbed my phone and went down.

On my way there I already smelt something delicious. Blueberry pancakes!

I run to the kitchen and saw my mom placing a plate full of blueberry pancakes, eggs as well as bacon and a glass of orange juice. I immediately sat down and ate my food, of course slowly.

When I finished I washed the dishes before I went up to my room. I took out my phone and checked for new notifications but nothing was from Blake.

That was the moment I decided to call him. I hesitated at first, scared that I was interrupting him with something but then my mind told me to call him just to ask.

As I pressed the call bottom, I heard the first two rings before someone answered....but it wasn't Blake...

"Hello?" a feminine voice answered.

I looked at my phone making sure that I had the right number before answering.

"Ehm...hello? Is this Blake Anderson's phone?" I asked nervously.

"Who? Oh yeah, it is. How can I help you?" she asked.

"Could you please get him for me? I want to talk to him." I said feeling unsure about this situation.

"Oh he is taking a shower right now. Should I tell him to call you back?" she asked.

I felt a single tear running down my cheek.

"Ehm...yeah please, that would be nice." I said trying to hold back my tears.

"Sure. Bye." she said and hung up.

I sat there, trying not to cry. I told myself not to judge the situation right now but it was hard.

However, why was a girl answering his phone...?

I started at my phone waiting for him to call me back.

A few minutes later my phone rang. I immediately brushed away my tears and coughed for a few times trying to sound normal before answering it.

"Hello?" I answered rather sore.

"Hey Liz, sorry I was showering." he said.

"Its okay, I only wanted to ask if you had arrived safely but I think I don't need to ask anymore." I said sadly.

"Oh right, I am sorry. When I had arrived, I had to start training already and didn't had the chance to call you because I was so tired and fell asleep." he explained.

"Oh no it's okay. Seems like you were tired...well I have to go now. Just call me when you have time." I said trying to end the call.

"Yeah, sure. Love you." he said.

"Love you too, bye." I said and hung up.

It hurts so much...