Chapter 16

Elizabeth's POV

"Elizabeth?"

I blinked a few times until I could see everything clearly again.

The one who was standing there was  Chase. He wore black clothes and was giving out this 'bad boy' vibe.

"Chase? What are you doing here? How do you even know that I'm here?" I asked confused.

He came in and closed the door behind him. He sat down beside my bed and looked at me...worried?

"I've been coming here everyday to visit you but of course you don't know because you were asleep." he said.

"How did you-"

"2 days ago I was on my way to Blake when I suddenly saw an ambulance parking in front of a house. Then I saw you being brought into the ambulance and well here I am." he explained.

I don't know why but I heart just skipped a beat. It's so sweet from him visiting me everyday.

"Are you alright?" he suddenly asked me.

He sounded concerned and worry about me which confused me because he barely knows me, yet he acts like I'm someone special in his life. I'm really thankful for that.

I relaxed and tried to get into a sitting position.

"Easy there." he said and helped me.

"Thanks." I said with a little smile.

"No problem." he answered.

An comfortable silence filled the room until I broke it.

"Did you tell Blake about...this?" I asked nervously.

He hesitated before he shook his head.

"No, he doesn't know a thing. I told you, I won't tell anyone. I never break promises." he said sounding proud.

"Well you will never know. You are still one of the 'bad boys' in our school." I replied.

"That hurts, Liz." he said resting a hand on his chest.

"Awww did I hurt the feelings of Mr. Bad boy?" I asked amused.

"Don't call me that. It sounds like I am a criminal." he said back.

"You might be one."

"I want to be a ninja instead a criminal. Well I am one." he said and did some movements with his hands earning a laugh from me.

"Of course you're one and I'm Casandra, princess of the underworld who pretends to be a human girl." I said sarcastically and laughed.

Chase faked a gasp and immediately stood up before he bowed his head.

"Princess, I didn't mean to be rude. Please don't send me to the underworld. Well beside you have pizza and a Xbox there then I'm willing to come with you." he said.

He then looked at me and we both busted out in laughter. I've haven't laughed like this since a long time and I really enjoy it.

After we calmed down a bit, the door of my room opens and my parents came in with some paper bags. My mom was the first one who notices Chase.

"Oh my, you have a visitor. Who might be this young boy?" she asked with a grin on her face.

"Mom, this is Chase, a friend from school. Chase these are my parents." I introduced.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Conner." he said formally.

Chase reached out to shake my mom's hand but instead she gave him a hug.

"Ah dear, please call Isabelle. This is my husband, Thomas. I always feel so old when someone calls me Mrs." my mom said.

My dad went to me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"How are you, darling?" he asked.

"Much better." I said with a smile which he returned with a nod.

He was really silent and only stared at Chase who spoke with my mother.

"Dad, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Is that your boyfriend?" he suddenly whispered in my ear.

My face turned red when I looked at him shocked.

"N-no! What are talking?! He's only a friend." I whispered back.

"You know I don't like you having a boyfriend. If he ever brings you to cry then I have to take out my shotgun." he said in a serious tone.

"Are you even listening what I just said?" I asked him.

"You know I'm only joking, princess. Of course I allow you to have a boyfriend but just don't pregnant until you finish college." he said.

This. Is. So. Embarrassing.

"What are you both talking about?" my mom masked from nowhere.

"Ah I nothing special." my dad answered innocently.

"Whatever. So honey, we brought you your toothbrush, some fresh clothes and bath things. Oh and we bought you some cake." she said.

"Thank you, mom." I said.

They both kissed my head before they headed out searching for Dr. Reyenes.

I then looked at Chase.

"What lovely parents you have." he said amused and sat down on the chair beside my bed.

"Haha thank you. You wanna eat cake with me? Why am I even asking? You MUST eat it with me." I said and reached for one of the bags.

Chase stayed with me almost the whole day. My parents joined us after they spoke with Dr. Reyenes. They didn't looked really happy when they came back but I ignored it.

Chase already left because his mother would scold him if he doesn't come home for dinner.

We both got to know each other and being with him is really funny.

After he left Dr. Reyenes came into my room.

"I see you're feeling much better now?" she asked.

"Much better, thank you." I said.

"Well I came here to speak with you. Your parents already know this."

My happy mood vanished and nervous was my new friend.

"Well, as you surely know your heart has gotten even worser then before. Your time has gotten shorter."

"How short?" I asked with a blank expression.

She sighed.

"About 10 months, maybe 1 year but not more." she said with a sad voice.

I looked at my fingers. 10 months. Last time I got 2 years...now I've got 10 months.

"But we found a way to help you." she continued.

My head snapped at her waiting for her to continue.

"You could get a new heart."

I didn't know if I should be happy or not. You have to understand that I would lose MY heart and get one from a stranger.

"Would you accept this offer? We only need to find a person who fits yours."

I hesitated before I answered.

"Yes, I accept it."