Chapter 5

Elizabeth POV

The next day was like every school day. I went to school, spent time with Alice and the others and would stare at Blake and his friends while he would look at me and smirk. The only thing that was different, I had to go home by walking. Jake was going out with his girlfriend so he can't pick me up. Even though it was a long way from school to my house, I don't want to be a burden to him or my parents. The only thing I hate was that I had to walk for 40 minutes to my house instead of 15.

I put my books in my locker and made my way home. I had to pass a park to get home. I saw some kids playing around. I would always stop for a second and watch them running around, playing hide and seek and much more.

I never had the chance to go to parks and play with other kids...

I was brought back from my thoughts when a little ball lightly hit me on my leg. I picked it up and looked around to see a little girl running up to me.

"I'm sorry, Miss!" the little girl apologised.

Awww how cute!

I kneeled down so that we were on eye level and smiled at her.

"It's fine! Just be careful next time, okay?" I said and handed her the little pink ball.

She stared at me for a while.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Miss, you're really pretty!" she said happily.

I was shocked first but then laughed lightly at her.

"Thank you! You're also really pretty." I said.

"Emily!" a deep husky voice yelled from behind the girl.

That voice...oh no...

I looked behind the little girl and saw Blake in all his glory. The girl run to him and he picked her up. I slowly stood up and looked at him surprised. They looked a bit alike.

Don't tell me...

"I-I never knew you had a daughter." I said shocked.

His head snapped at me and then he looked at me a bit annoyed.

"She's not my daughter, dumbass. She's my sister." he said.

"Oh..." was everything I could say.

I felt slightly happy knowing that but why the heck am I happy about that?

"Well, I will be going now. Bye!" I quickly said and was about to walk away when I heard that girl named Emily shout at me.

"WAIT! I want you stay and play with me!" she said pouting.

"Emily..." Blake said in a warning tone.

"Hey! Don't use that tone on your sister!" I scolded.

As soon as I realised what I just said, my eyes widened and I  immediately looked away.

"Whatever." he scoffed.

I then turned to Emily who looked at me sadly.

"Don't you want to play with me?" she asked.

"O-Of course I will play with you." I said with a forced smile.

"Yaaaayy!"

Blake put her down and she dragged me to the park. We played for a really long time but I tried not to move too much. After a while Blake called for Emily.

"Emily! We have to go home!" Blake yelled.

"Whaaaaatt? Already?" she asked.

"C'mon." he said.

Emily started to walk up to Blake while I was trying to breath normal but it didn't help much.

Suddenly I felt pain in my chest and my version began to blurry. I blinked a few times until I could see clearly again. The pain was still there but I tried to breath normal.

I took my bag and began walking to them.

"See you next time, Emily!" I said trying to sound cheerfully.

I then looked at Blake and smiled awkwardly and started to walk away. Suddenly I felt a really big hand on my shoulder turning me around facing him. I looked at him shocked. He stared at me and we were only an few inches away. He then put one hand on my forehead. I looked at him confused.

"Why are you so pale? Are you sick?" he asked a bit concerned.

I looked at him shocked.

"What?" he asked.

"The 'bad boy' is worried about a girl? That's new." I said.

He was a bit shocked but replied it with a smirk.

"Don't fall for me, princess." he said and smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk. I thought they were walking behind me since we live on the same street but they weren't.

The whole way I was panting and I had to stop for a while before I could walk again.

When I arrived at home at noon I dropped to the floor and leaned against the front door. I took out my necklace with my medicine.

"Mom!" I managed to yell.

My mom immediately came out from the living room. As she saw me she looked at me worried.

"Dear! Bring me some water! Also call Dr. Reyenes, NOW!"

As soon as my mother said that, my father came with a glass of water while holding the telephone. I took a pill from the mini bottle on my necklace and swallowed it with the water. I leaned my head against the door and closed my eyes.

"Dr. Reyenes is on her way." my father told us.

They brought me to the living room laying me down on the couch. A few minutes later Dr. Reyenes arrived. My parents left the room so that Dr. Reyenes could check up on me.

When she was done I was feeling a bit better again.

"What happened to me?" I asked.

That was the first time it was that worst.

Dr. Reyenes sighed once and looked at me sadly.

"Your heart got much weaker than before...if this keeps up..then I have no other choice then let you stay at the hospital again for a few weeks or even months..." she explained.

I immediately shook my head.

"No. I will stay at home." I protested.

"But that would help you to get better."

"I won't change my mind...not until I found him..." I trailed of.

She sighed and nodded.

"Just try not to overwork yourself again..." she said.

I nodded my head.

I'm not gonna die until I finally see him again...only once again...

*******

After she left I went to my room and layed down in my bed. My mom told me to stay at home tomorrow from school. Even if I don't want to, I have to. I don't want to 'leave' yet...

I hate this. I really hate this. Because of this I had to move away. I had to leave my childhood friend here, who I really loved.

I know I was still a child and too young to know what love was but what about today? I'm still trying to find him but...I don't even know if he's still here...

However, I won't give up only because of my health. When I'm going then I want to see him before I leave.