Chapter 44

Elizabeth POV

Summer came to an end and now it's fall. Well it still feels like summer though. I mean it's Florida. Its always summer here.

I was staring out of the window, not paying attention to my professor's lecture. I watched the bright blue sky and the threes dancing around because of the warm wind. There were some people sitting on the green grass while reading it doing something on their laptops while other just sit on the bench and chat with their friends.

I am still not fully used to my life as a college student. It has only been months since I was still in high school. It is a weird feeling of not being surrounded by your friends anymore. I really miss those times we spent school together or more like suffer together.

I don't feel like an adult at all. I'm not even 20 yet. However, there are a bunch of other students who are the same age as me and they look older and more mature than me. Compared to them I still look like a high school student who just lost the way to school and ended up in college.

I was still deep in thoughts when Andrew waved a hand in front of my face.

"Earth to Eliza. Are you death in that brain or what?" he asked me.

"Oh...sorry, I was only thinking about some things. Did I miss something important?" I asked him.

"Not really but the lecture already ended and we are the last people here inclusive our professor." he said.

I looked around the lecture hall and saw that most of the students already left and here I was still sitting.

"Ops..." I said and laughed nervously before I started to pack while Andrew started to talk about a new hottie he spotted today before coming here.

We were about to leave when Mrs. Jennings called out for me.

"Ms. Connor. Could you stay for a moment? I would like to speak to you." she said with a warm smile.

I looked at Andrew who shrugged and left the room. I went up to Mrs. Jennings while she was organising her things.

Mrs. Jennings was a really beautiful woman with a slim body, short dark hair and green eyes. Everyone knows that there are some college students who have an eye on her but she was already married, obviously. She doesn't look like it but she was already in her 30s.

"...did I do something wrong?" I asked her hesitantly.

"What? No, not at all. But it seemed like my lecture was a bit boring for you today." she said and laughed lightly.

"No! I mean no. I was just only about some things. I am really sorry for not paying attention." I apologised.

"Don't worry. I'm not mad or anything. Seems like dozing out in some lectures doesn't affect your grades since you're one of the best top 3 in your year." she stated with a warm smile.

I blushed at her compliment and started looking down to hide my red cheeks. I've been working hard and still will until I reach my goal.

"Anyways, I wanted to ask you something. I've been asked to transfer to a sports school for a week to help out there. It seems like the nurse of that school doesn't have enough 'staff' and can't handle everything with only two people. The training season started there and soon there will competitions so there are many people who get injured while training."

"Oh, I didn't know that professors are allowed to transfer to other colleges like that." I said.

"Only if that college has a close relationship with ours. There are always some schools and colleges who needs some help from us and we are always ready to help them." she explained.