Chapter 6

Picture up there is Dante fisher.

Raevan.....

I woke up in sweat and my room in blue flames, I had a nightmare about that night the orphanage burnt down but this time it was different, it was almost like I relived that dreadful day.

"No no no no" I cried out, the flame consumed the funitures and my sheets, with a cackling sound, bits of it were on me but of course it doesn't burn me, I didn't even feel it's warmth, I inhaled trying to calm down, trying to control the flames, I slowly breathed out and in. To my suprise it worked the flames died down but it had damaged my room, I actually controlled for once.

"Oh my what started the fire, Rae are you okay" she said holding my cheeks and lifting my arms to see if I got hurt. "I'm fine" I said withdrawing my hands and sliding them in my pocket.

" What caused the flames" Katherine asked gazing intently at me. I shook my head. " I don't know"

"You could have been burnt, that's it you're coming to live with me" she said  deadpan. "No"

"Yes you are" she said again

"No I'm not I'll be fine alone here" I said gritting my teeth.

"Not this time, you're coming to live with me"

"No I'm not, and we had a deal" I said raising my voice a few octaves.

"Either you come with me or I'll make sure you get adopted by a family" she said not removing her gaze from me.

My heart raced, I could hurt that nice family, but then I didn't want to hurt Katherine, she's been there for me and I wouldn't be able to live with myself. " which is it Raeven, with me or with a family we move you to"

I clenched my jaw, she's never called me by my full name before except she's serious or peeved.

"fine" I muttered glaring at her. "I'll move in with you.

*****

Katherine adopted me. She had signed the papers and came to pick me up a few days later. I gazed outside the window and looked at the trees, I'm was going to miss the little shack, I was more worried about living in town, what would happen if my powers go out of control and I hurt Katherine or anybody else. I thought about how I hurt Emery too, there's that too, I some how sent him flying across the room without touching him. My powers were growing and I was scared, scared that people would die because of my cursed powers.

My fingers moved to my lips, he kissed me, probably to get back at me for the bathroom incident, he must have caught me eye fucking him a couple of times and then deduced I was gay. Kissing me to make fun of me. I hate my life.

"We are here" she said giving me a small smile. I was a jerk, she only cared about me getting hurt,after all she's done for me I didn't want to move in with her or let her adopt me till she had to use force. I would have said yes in a heartbeat, from the moment she asked, but I couldn't. She wouldn't understand, she could get hurt. And it would be my fault.

I stepped down from the car and looked at the house, it was fucking huge, filled with outdoor decorations and a lawn, perfectly trimmed edges, Katherine really knows how to live.

"You live here all by yourself" I asked. "Yep, let's pack your things, at least the ones that survived the fire. I lifted my backpack filled with clothes I could salvage from the fire. "We really need to go shopping" she said ruffling my hair. I smiled at her.

The inside was as big as the outside, and also decorated, there was an arc like open wall and a staircase. Katherine led me upstairs and showed me to my room. The walls were painted blue, the was a king sized bed and some shelves. The window had a wonderful view of the neighborhood and there were blue colored drapes. The was a huge flat screen and a gaming console.

"Katherine...."

"Sorry it's not much, but the room has been waiting for you" she said smiling. I felt a tear run down my cheeks. She had prepared this room for me since she asked to adopt me. I ran and hugged her, she hugged me back crying too.

Katherine slowly pulled back. " get settled okay, I'll go make dinner". I nodded. I took a shower, and Lawd the water felt nice on my skin. I dried my hair and slipped on a white sweater and a black skinny jeans. I went downstairs. I caught a waif of dinner and it smelled delicious. The doorbell rang. "Rae get that please"

"Okay" I nodded heading for the door. I opened it.

"Hi" said the visitor in a heavy accent that I recognized. His blue eyes widened "You're that cute kid that bumped into me at school"

I felt heat rise up to my cheek, did he just call me cute? "Uhm yeah, I'm sorry bou' that again, I'm Raevan" I said stretching out my hands smiling.

"I'm Dante" he said shaking my hand. "I live next door, my dad asked me to check if Ms. Petrelli needed anything"

"Dante, come on in,  I made some mac and cheese" Katherine called out setting dinner on the table.

Dante walked in, I caught the his scent, he smelled really good, I should ask him the name of the after shave he uses.

Dinner was great, I got to know Dante, he was cool, his dad and Katherine were friends and since Katherine lived alone he'd always check on her, that's sweet. Dante's accent was sexy, everything about him from his lush red lips to his finely chiseled jaw line. And beautiful blue eyes, each time he moved, few locks of blonde hair drops to his forehead and he'd push them back running his hand through his hair.

"Raevan..." he said pulling me from my thoughts. " You spaced out".

"Sorry" I chuckled. "Hey I've got this game console upstairs wanna play something" I mentally faced palm myself, not only did I not know how to play any console games I literally just invited him to my room. Damn my teenage hormones. Katherine smiled at us. "You guys go have fun"

"I'll help clear the dishes" I volunteered. "It's okay Rae, I'm glad you're mixing up".

"Nice room" he said smiling sitting on my bed. "Thanks" I reply sitting beside him, out thighs brushed.

I gulped. "So I have no idea how this game console works" I said.

"Instead of playing games, let's talk" he replied leaning close to me. I felt my heart racing.

"Talk.....talk about what....." I asked stuttering.

His cupid bow lips turned into a scowl.

"About what you're really doing here....demon" he hissed.

A/n: so I'm obviously a beginner at writing, I sucked at describing the house but I give you chapter 6 please vote and comment of you like thank you very much.....