Chapter 25

Emery's POV

I trusted a demon and look at where it got me, Dante was right, now I'm trapped here and I'm all alone. I kept walking around the deserted town for what seemed like hours, everything seemed like a loop, like i was walking around in circles. I stopped to rest, I walked into a bar, it was empty, there was dust on the funitures and cobwebs on the seemingly old wine at the bar counter. Never in my life did I think hell was like this, or did Erin's door really lead me to hell, maybe this wasn't hell.

A loud screeching sound pulled me from my thoughts, it sounded like metal been dragged on the ground. I spun around, something walked into the bar. It was dressed in a knight armor and dark smoke emitted from the holes on the armor. I felt my breath hitch in my throat. It dragged a huge silver sword walking towards me and then suddenly charged at me. It was fast, I manage to jump out of the way, the sword shattering the wooden counter, before I had time to get my shit together the demon thing lunged at me again swinging his huge sword, I wasn't as awesome at close combat as Izzy or Dante, so it didn't take long for me to realize I was in a pinch. Thankfully this demons attacks were a little slow and I managed to evade some of his moves, the last swing managed to graze my chest, I howled in pain.

Clutching my bleeding chest, writhing in pain, I managed to stand up flinging the funitures around me at the demon, he simply swatted them away with his hands. It thrust his sword forward at me with incredible speed that surprised me, I didn't think it could move so quickly.

"Hagios" I scream. And suddenly time slowed down, it was a spell I had been practicing, I was able to stop time but only for three seconds. The sword was  already at the crook of my neck, and had even managed to slice my skin skin a little, if I hadn't casted that spell my head would be on the floor right now. My breath was coming out in short pants, I coulda died just now, I had no time to think I just had three seconds to figure something out, If I run he'd definitely catch up to me.

I leapt out of the way to safety first then jumped over the broken counter. My three seconds were up and the demon could move again. It glared at me and a gust of dark smoke emitted from its helm. I glanced at the bottles of wine and alcohol behind me, it was a long shot but I had to try I threw them at the demon reaching to my jacket bringing out a lighter, I lit it and threw it at the demon, it instantly lit up in flames. I let out a sigh of relief. But then my smile disappeared, it didn't faze the demon, he lunged at me.

"Hagios" I scream again. Nothing. I guess the spell only works once. I close my eyes, I was gonna die, I couldn't save Raeven. A loud scream pierced the air, I cover my ears in agony. I open my eyes to see Izzy standing at the door. I let out a smile. The disoriented demon staggered to stand. A dagger soared through piercing the demons helmet and almost instantly Dante appeared above the dagger, he latched onto it and leaped over the demon, while airborne, he materialized a battle mace, striking the demon on the helmet. It's head shattered and the rest of the armor came apart clattering on the ground.

"Are you okay" Izzy said rushing to me. Her blue eyes filled with concern as she examined the wound on my chest.

"It's fine, I'm just glad my head is still on my neck" I breathed out chuckling. 

"That was pretty cool Dante" I commented.

"Thanks, it seemed we got separated when we crossed into the portal, we couldn't find Adrian or Kieran" Dante said. "Or that demon, I swear if she separated us to try something funny I will rip her head off " Izzy growled.

There was an ominous and powerful spirit energy that resonated through the atmosphere. Dante, Izzy and I rushed out. My eyes widened and I visibly paled. The sky was filled with shadowy creatures with a scythe like weapon. "Dementors" Dante gritted.