Chapter 26

Emery's POV*

It's hot, the flame burned my skin and every cell in my body screamed in pain. I tried to block out the immense pain. I heard his voice, Raevan's voice.

"Emery, you'll die...stop"

I didn't listen I tuned out his voice. I felt it the darkness, it began to fill my soul, I tried to fight against it. But I was losing the battle. I held Raevan tighter.

"Raevan, I can't do this alone, I need your help too" I cried silently between sobs. I continued chanting the spell, the darkness seeping into me threatening to engulf me.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Erin was marveled at the sight, the spellcaster halfling should be dead now, but he was alive and actually holding out against all that darkness, she glanced at the twin angels and the Ascendant angel who clutched his friend that died. Aurobris was dead, to think these angels pulled it off and won against him.

These angels were dangerous, at a moment she thought about the war, would the war really be in the demons favor? She noticed the halfling spell caster, a dark aura engulfing his body. Erin's heart sank, the halfling was failing, the darkness was taking over him, the king somehow had faith in him that he would be able to save his son, is all lost?
Almost suddenly, a bright copper aura glimmered all over the halfling, it engulfed the dark aura and there was a blinding light.

Raevan's POV*

It was dark, I felt a tingly sensation, I felt Emery and he was in pain, I wanted him to stop, I didn't want him to be in pain, and then almost suddenly there was a blinding light, it felt like a heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders. My eyelids fluttered open. Emery's hands were around me.

"You're okay Rae" Emery whispered, his voice soothing and soft. I smiled, holding on to Emery tightly. He slumped and my smile vanished instantly, I gasped in horror. Emery's body was burnt, the side of his face, he had passed out because of the pain.

Tears streamed down my face uncomfortably, again I hurt him.

"Raeven" Dante called. I glanced at him, his eyes were glassy, he looked beat up too, there were others too. But all I focused on was Emery.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Katherine was elated to see me, I couldn't tell her I was kidnapped by a demon and was in hell, I told her I couldn't remember anything. Emery was in the hospital and was in critical condition.

I was sitting beside him, there were tunes connected to him, his body covered in bandages, Half of his face too.

"Hey E, it's been a month now, I really wish you'd wake up, I miss you". I couldn't control my tears. "Thanks to you my powers are gone, and everything is normal, no nightmares or blue flames, all that's missing from my life is you". The door clicked and I turned to see who came in.

"Hey sorry am I interrupting" his friend said. I think his name was Gabriel or something. I wipe my tears quickly. "No, I was just leaving" I reply standing up and leaving Gabriel with Emery.

I walked out bumping into Dante. "Old habits die hard eh?" He said smiling. I glared at him brushing past him. He ran after me latching my arm. "Just how long are you gonna keep ignoring me" he asked, his blue eyes glassy.

I tore my gaze away from him looking at the floor. "What did I even do, do you know what we went through to save you, i...".

"You should have stopped him" I hissed. Dante's lips pressed into a tight line. "You should have just given up on me" I said harshly. Dante glared at me incredulously.

"Emery risked everything for you, Izzy died to protect you, why would you even think that way" Dante gritted. 

"It's just, i....i.." I sob looking for what to say, why did they go through all that for me.

Dante pulled me into a hug and I cried.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

"It's been six months, E. Everyone misses you, so far there hasn't been any supernatural disturbing, Dante and his friends are looking for a way to go back to heaven" I held on to his hands. The monitors were beeping slowly, Emery had an oxygen mask on, his chest rising and descending steadily. "You've missed a whole lot of school work" I said chuckling. "Uh your dad and sister are worried sick, your friends too. Please wake up" I pleaded tears threatening to fall.

"Asar elif anweild elu" Emery muttered stirring a little. I jolt backwards. "Emery....Emery" I said frantically touching his chest slightly. He repeated the same incomprehensible words all over and over again. The monitor started beeping faster and Emery started convulsing, the doctors rushed in and ushered me out. I clutch my chest, what went through my mind was if Emery was going to be okay.

A/N: Writing this chapter was sad for me, my poor baby Emery, this book has one chapter before it ends and don't worry there is a sequel, Thuriel is still out there and with Avira scheming, while Dante and the twins are stuck on earth.