chapter 28

Emery's POV

It took a while to convince Raevan to move back to town with Katherine. We were together now and I was elated.

"Raevan" Dante said smiling when he opened the door.

"Hey Dante" Raevan replied rubbing his neck. "I'm sorry about...."

"Welcome back" Dante cut in pulling him to a bear hug.

Dante invited us in. Thayer sat on the couch eating cheerios, his eyes lit up when he saw me. He rushed at me tackling me on the ground.

"Emery" he yelled laughing, he's a lively kid. He has been in a comma for a while now after Dante and I saved him from a magic rune. But unfortunately he didn't remember anything but his name. Dante and I decided to train him, since he was an angel, we could help him figure out his class. "Hey Thayer" I said ruffling his long hair that fell around his face. I stood to my feet pulling him up.

"This is Raevan my boyfriend" I said. Raevan gaped at me and I widened my eyes realizing I had just called him my boyfriend. Raevan waved at him smiling. Thayer waved at him giving him a toothy grin. "I'm Thayer rotter".

I looked around, "where are the twins" I asked.

"They found a lead on Thuriel and went to check it out" Dante answered. I noticed Raevan flinch at the sound of his name. I entwined our fingers squeezing them. He never told me what happened between him and Thuriel, I didn't press on because I thought he'd tell me when he was comfortable with it.

"So who's the kid" Raeven whispered to me. "Saved him from a crystal, I'll explain the details to you later" I whispered back. I felt a bond to Thayer, like we were supposed to be together, not romantically of course. I couldn't explain it. I heard Raevan silently gasp, I looked at him.

"Hey are you okay" I asked moving towards him, he flinched at hit my hands away.

Raevan's POV

I looked at Emery, something was weird was happening to me, I saw something, surrounding him, it was like an aura, a golden blow that hovered around Emery, the same thing was around Dante too except he's was blue. I started freaking out, I thought my powers was gone, that means Thuriel might come back for me and take me back to that dungeon

Emery reached for me and for a minute it seemed like that thing that surrounded him lashed at me reaching out to choke me, I hit his hand away backing up from him. Concern was registered in his brown eyes. I turned and ran out of the house. I bumped into a hard chest falling down.

"Uhhh it's genesis...sorry Raevan" the person I bumped into said. I looked up at identical twins, I recognized them from the time we were in hell, and Emery sealed my power off. I saw the same thing around them but theirs were copper coloured and it seemed stronger than Emery and Dante's. I couldn't breathe, it was constricting me. I got up and ran the opposite direction, I needed to get away, what was this horrid feeling, I felt my heart pound against my chest.

I held my hands forward as blue flames covered them. No no no no no.

I stared at my flaming hands in horror, they weren't sealed away, they were still very much present. I fell on my knees, I clutched my shoulders, the flames consumed my body but like before, they didn't burn me, they started spreading I tried to breathe, to contain my emotions. The flames died down. I sat on the ground alone in the alley, realisation hit me. I turned off my emotions and I let the darkness that was buried deep within my soul take over me. I felt relief and bliss and more in control than I ever had.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A/n: sorry for the late update and short chapter, one more chapter before Believe part 1 ends. There is going to be a part two of this book, and it would be about Emery, I promise more action and romance in the next book.