chapter 17

Erica's POV

It was a little hard to keep up with Avira. She flew a bit fast and she was  quite good at maneuvering her way and avoiding the angel nighwatch....yes we have those in heaven.

It was easy for me though. As a spellcaster, we could use a lot of spells, I had used a glamour spell to hide myself, and casted a spell to make me glide so I can keep up with Avira.

After what seemed like hours she came to a halt in the midlands, the midlands was a deserted place secluded from heaven and the sanctuary, there were rumors that the foulest of demons resides there.

Avira landed her wings hiding itself. She looked around and brought out a red rose from her gown. She placed it on the ground and brought out a small knife cutting her finger. I watched from a comfortable distances her crimson blood splattered on the rose, she muttered some words and then the earth shook

I saw a beam of light and then followed by blue flames and out of the light a figure stepped out.

"You sure know how to make an entrance" Avira said running into the arms of the man. I could see his features now, he was the prince of demons Ezra. I felt my breath hitch, Avira kissed him passionately.

I couldn't believe my eyes, Avira's lover was a demon, not just a demon the prince of demons, I back up slowly to escape when a ball of blue flames scorched my hand I scream falling down the glamour spell that sealed me gone. Pain shot through my arm. I look up at Ezra, he had his hand held out to shoot another one when Avira held his hand.

"Don't" she cried. Ezra looked at her. I took this opportunity to incant a spell, to seal him.

He looked at me amusement in his brown eyes. "is she trying to seal me" he scoffed.

"Erica, stop you aren't strong enough" Avira said massaging her temples.

"This, this is him, the man you love, he's a demon, this is forbidden Avira" I cried.

"I know Erica" she yelled "but I can't control who my heart chooses to love"

"You are a high ranked arc angel with thousands of suitors, and of all you pick it" I couldn't help the venom that escaped my mouth.

"Ouch" Ezra said dramatically clutching his chest smiling.

"Are you going to report me" Avira asked gazing intently at me.

I close my eyes. How could I report her, she's my best friend.

"Of course not, I would never do that, this is dangerous Avira" I said glaring at Ezra.

"I would never hurt Avira" Ezra said holding Avira. I look at him, his brown eyes seemed sincere and was he really in love with Avira. No no no demons were deceitful.

Time went by, Avira and I slowly became apart. There was a mission to oversea an angel academy on earth, but it meant been earth bound. I took the job and I started living on earth.

I found the man that rescued Avira and I before, we fell in love and got married. Of course I didn't tell him I was an angel.

********

I was pregnant with twins and I was elated, my husband couldn't be happier. I hadn't had any contact with heaven, I missed Avira.