Birthday Surprises

Chapter 1: Birthday Surprises
-Bex p.o.v.-

Summer. What a beautiful thing. The time to hang out with friends, talk to family, and relax.

Of course, here I was, with none of that.

I had already spent the weeks planned with Lily, right after that she and her family were forced to rush off to Paris, where one of her relatives had been in an accident.

My dad was off preparing for the next school year.

And I could not relax at all with Tom so prominent in my mind.

Andrew and Sebastian had been pulled into some super secret angel meeting, one that took them away from me for the entire summer.

Severus was with his family, enduring the blows of his short tempered father and the yells of his vindictive mother. He would not let me step in, refused to allow it.

Regulus was stuck at home with his pure-blood obsessed parents, unable to spend one second with a blood-traitor.

I was alone.

There was a sharp knock on the door, pulling me from my thoughts. I stood from the couch, getting up to answer it as the person continued to bang on the door.

I swung the door open, annoyed with the constant banging, "yes?" Looking up at the person I gave a surprised gasp, "Rosier?"

"Hello sweetheart," he chuckled, pushing past me to enter my house.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in confusion, sitting with him on the couch.

"The Dark Lord requests your presence, tonight is a special night, am I right?" He raised an eyebrow, grinning, his yellow teeth in full view.

"My birthday?" I questioned, "what about it?"

"The Dark Lord wishes to greet you on such a special night." Rosier gave a slight bow, holding out his hand for me to take.

With a short nod I took his hand. Rosier aparated us to Tom's manor, we landed in the familiar dining hall.

"Miss. Dumbledore," Tom's smooth voice rang out, he sat at the head of the table, in his regular seat.

"Tom," I greeted, smiling at him. Walking closer, ignoring the stares of all of Tom's Death-Munchers.

He stood from his seat and bowed, taking my hand as I appeared in front of him, he kissed my knuckles, sending me a charming smile before he pulled out my chair, the one to his right.

I sat and smiled, "thank you," I placed my hands in my lap, folding them.

"You're very welcome, love." He took his seat once more, "may I see your hands?" I sent him a confused look but lifted them from my lap and held out my hands for him to take. "Excellent, you are still wearing my ring." He spoke, rubbing his thumb over the snakes head, it's emerald eyes glowing.

I nodded, "I told you I would never take it off. And I won't."

"Good. Now, I think introductions are in order, yes?" He let go of my left hand but continued to hold my right in his own, placed on top of the table, in full view of every single person in this room.

I nodded along, "though I know most of them from my last visit." I had yet to look at any of the Death-Munchers, I continued to stare at Tom.

"Yes, I have gained a fair amount more of followers since your last visit," he spoke to me, "this is Augustus, Augustus Rookwood" he gestured to someone.

Finally, looking away from Tom, I looked to the death-munchers. The man Tom was pointing to was a tall, broad shouldered man. He had a sharp nose and high cheekbones. His expression was rather bored, he had empty eyes, a straight face, and no emotion whatsoever. He inclined his head to me, "Master of Living and Dead," he greeted. His voice was just as bored as his expression, a flat, even voice.

"Rookwood," I nodded at him in greeting.

"Over right there are Crabbe and Goyle," he pointed to a pair of close to identical buffoons. The pair looked as if they didn't know a thing.

I looked back to Tom, not even acknowledging the pair. "This is Bellatrix Black." He nodded to a girl that sat not too far down the row from me.

The girl had crazy curly hair, nothing like my neat ringlets, hers were messily slopped over her head. Her dark eyes held some unknown emotion, as she glanced quickly down at my hand that Tom was stroking before she looked back up at me, her eyes twitching slightly. Her heavily lidded eyes made the twitch look like her whole head was shaking. "Supreme Ruler," she spoke, her voice smooth and condescending.

I narrowed my eyes at her, looking her over in the most obvious way.

"Is there something wrong love?" Tom questioned, raising one of his eyebrows. He too looked at Bellatrix with narrowed eyes, examining her attitude towards me.

"Related to Sirius Black?" I questioned the girl, she was years older than me, it looked. But I had more power than her, I was ranks above whatever she could wish to be.

She glared, "you know my dear baby cousin, do you?" She spat out, proving that he was not so dear to her.

I smirked, "yes, I happen to know him very well. We disagree on many different things, I hate his guts."

She pursed her lips, looking away from my powerful stare. I looked back to Tom.

"Well there is another Black, here. Narcissa Black." Tom gestured to the blonde a few seats down from Bellatrix.

There she was, Narcissa and Lucius, sitting next to each other, they both looked nervous and scared out of their minds, so out of place from the rest of the scary looking death-munchers.

I hid my shock, giving a grin, "Narcissa, Lucius, so good to see you again, how are you?"

Narcissa spared a glance at her sister, "Supreme Ruler," she bowed her head a little before looking up into my eyes. Silently pleading for my help, "I'm doing great, thank you for your kindness."

"Supreme Ruler, it is an honour to sit in your presence," Lucius spoke in a calm tone, though I could see the uneasiness in his eyes.

"It is no problem at all, though it is surprising to see you again." I paused, "especially under these terms."

Tom looked between us, "ah yes, you two were friends?" Tom raised an eyebrow in question.

I nodded, "yes, great friends." I smiled once more at Lucius and Narcissa, trying my best to calm them.

"And lastly, this is Travers." Tom nodded towards a tall, thin man with bushy black hair, his nose was long and sharp, he looked relaxed in the environment.

"Travers?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Master of Living and Dead," his bowed slightly in his seat, his voice and quite cool, completely at ease.

"Those are the ones here today, others are off proving themselves." Tom explained.

"So these are the newest recruits?" I turned to Tom, "interesting. I can tell they have already been informed as to what to call me."

Tom chuckled, "yes, I have made sure they know how to treat you and if anyone defies those rules I have set, they will be severely punished."

"Good." I replied, looking around the table at all of the death-munchers, my gaze stopping at Bellatrix for a second longer.

"Lunch is to be at one o'clock, you are free to do as you wish." He explained to me, "dismissed," he waved his hand, informing the Death-Munchers to leave us.

"Thank you, Tom." I smiled, "I'll be in my room."

I left the room, the death-munchers had already deciphered, off to wherever they had to go. I was heading up the stairs, up to the room that was given to me my first time in Tom's house. I was stopped by someone gripping my forearm, stopping me from continuing.

"Lucius?" I looked over my shoulder, connecting eyes with the blonde haired boy.

"Aria," he frowned deeply, his pale blue eyes were sad and filled with nervousness.

I smiled sadly at him, "Lucy," I jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly. "Lucy what happened? Why are you here?" I mumbled into his chest.

-------------------------------
Yay! The first chapter of the second book! I hope you guys enjoyed it!!!
Please comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Thanks guys!