The After Math

Chapter 57: The After Math
-Bex p.o.v.-

The following days between our group was somber. Remus sort of avoided my eyes, I guess he didn't want me questioning why I was part of his fear. And I didn't.

James, as soon as he saw me, told me to never speak of it. He said he didn't want his reputation ruined by everyone knowing his biggest fear was losing his mummy and daddy. I knew it was only because he didn't want to think about it. He must have been going through one of those times.

Lily didn't bring it up, she knew that I would threaten Petunia if it was brought up again. She was very right. Even my new status in my new house could not stop the intense amount of hatred I felt for Petunia Evans. It was one thing that would never change.

Sirius, it seemed as if he felt like what the boggart of myself had said was what I really thought. Though it most definitely wasn't what I thought. I didn't know much about the Blacks, Sirius never spoke of them and James only mentioned them to me briefly. But I did know they were very into the whole pureblood argument going around in the Wizarding World. They believed fully in Tom's case. They thought pureblood supremacy was the way to go. And Sirius was not like that at all.

It was hard for everyone to talk, there was an air of awkwardness surrounding us. It kept us from acting as we normally would have.

But it wasn't like that for long. Sirius seemed to get over it, but only after James had pulled him aside. From a distance it looked like the two were joking around; though I thought they were having a heated argument. Hours later, when Sirius had found me, he was back to normal and asking me for dates.

"Aye Dumbledore," he called after me. I was just leaving Care of Magical Creatures, walking near the forest edge towards the lake.

I looked up, looking for the source of the voice. Sirius came bounding I've towards me, greeting Remus as he walked past him and in my direction. "I got permission from McGonagall to take you on a date."

I cocked an eyebrow, "oh really? And you came to tell me that because?"

"Because I'm taking you on a date. For someone as smart as you are, you can be pretty clueless sometimes." He smirked, throwing an arm over my shoulder. "Why are you even standing here? You haven't moved an inch since I saw you here on my way down. That was like three minutes ago."

I rolled my eyes, "who said I was even going to agree to this date? And I can do as I want."

He smirked wider, "well you did agree to go on a date with me."

I thought back to that morning so many days ago. "That was only because James had been trying to speak to you, but you wouldn't stop talking to me."

"Oh, so now, the only reason I can get a date with you is because of James?"

I laughed, "perhaps."

"But really? Why are you standing here? It's dangerous to be so close to the forest. It is forbidden you know." He looked into the darkness of the forest just beyond my shoulder, scrutinizing it, searching for a threat.

"Well, Sirius, if you must know." I gestured to our feet, "I was admiring these beautiful flowers." Planted in the ground, right in front of our feet was a beautiful bunch of purple flowers.

I shrugged off Sirius arm and began to walk away, heading towards the castle. His long strides quickly caught up with me and he matched my pace.

"So about our date?"

I shrugged, "you'll have to prove that should get another. I'm not just handing out dates to people."

--------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed it, it's just a little something on how they were affected by the boggart. Nothing too much.
Please comment, vote, share, fan, and follow. Thanks everyone!