Regulus' Wish

Chapter 43: Regulus' Wish

-Bex p.o.v.-

I was walking down the corridor, heading towards the courtyard. I whistled to myself, creating a tune.

"Aye! Gorgeous!" His loud voice startled me, causing me to end my whistling with one last shill noise.

I glanced behind me, confused. I was standing in the doorway, one step away from being outside. Spotting Sirius, I smiled. "Hey Sirius."

He jogged to my side, "so uh I'm guessing you'll be going with my brother to Slughorn's party, tomorrow night, yeah?"

I nodded, "yes, I was planning to."

"Do me a favor?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

I hummed, "depends what it is."

His eyes sparkled happily, "save me a dance?"

I giggled, shaking my head. "You don't want me as your dance partner, trust me."

"Well trust me when I say I do." He smirked, "I'll see you on the dance floor." He left me alone in the open doorway.

I shook my head slightly, smiling. I left the doorway, moving to the other side of the courtyard. Regulus stood, leaning against a tree, waiting for me. He looked up when I appeared next to him. "What took so long?"

"Your brother wanted to talk to me." I told him, grabbing his hand and leading him away.

"Really? What did he want? To make sure that you're good with them?" He chuckled, sitting down next to me under the beech tree.

"He wanted me to save a dance for him."

Regulus laughed, "seriously? He asked for a dance? Cheesy much?"

I laughed with him, grinning out at the lake.

"Aria?"

"Yeah, Reg?" I asked, looking into his beautiful gray eyes. Though they didn't match Sirius', they were different.

"How much do you like my brother?"

I sat silently, thinking over his question. "Too much, far too much for it to be safe."

"I'll help you. I already told you. I'll do anything for you. I won't let him know. I'll join his ranks this summer, I'll become a Death Eater."

I shook my head immediately, "no, I can't force you to do this, please Regulus. You don't need to. I don't want you to be one of his pawns as well."

"You can't stop me either." He stated, firmly speaking. "It's what will be expected of me, he won't know a thing. He'll think that it was my choice as a pureblooded maniac. But I'll be doing it for you. I know he doesn't tell his plans to you, he's been keeping them secret, just as your dad does. You even told me that they were doing it because they are enemies and you are close to both of them."

"But Reggie," I started.

"No let me do this, I'll be able to protect you. I'll tell you all of the information. I'll help you defeat him. We both know that's your destiny. The prophecy says so." He insisted.

I finally sighed in defeat, "I can't force you but I can't stop you either. It's your choice, Regulus, please make the right one."

"I will be, I know I will be. Because if we can destroy this man, if we can save the world from him, my children won't have to live in this danger. Your children will have a happy childhood. A war is on it's way, I don't want my family to have to live through that. Let's finish this."