Late Night Visits

Chapter 33: Late Night Visits
-Bex p.o.v.-

After the third time of heaving up my food, I stood and left the room, moving slowly and sluggishly. I had barely made it out of the door when I had vomited again, this time on the corridor floor.

There was a soft pitter-patter of feet coming near me, and a gasp in surprise. I was in the middle of dry heaving again and again.

I was magically levitated and taken away, McGonagall spoke softly, "don't worry, I'll get you to the hospital wing."

"Thanks," I mumbled, clutching my stomach. My whole body was aching, I felt as if I had been ran over by a truck.

Minnie levitated me to the hospital wing, gently setting me down on the bed I had been sitting on earlier this afternoon, when Poppy was healing my team mates after practice. I let out a soft groan, the soft bed wasn't soft enough on my aching body. "I'll get Madam Pomphey. You wait here."

"Thanks Minnie," I groaned, "wouldn't want to be anywhere else at the moment." I tried my best to chuckle, but winced in pain.

"Here is a trashcan if you get nauseous." Minnie smiled sympathetically at me, placing the small, plastic trashcan next to me.

"You're amazing, Minnie, have I ever told you how much I love you?" My eyes were closed and I was mumbling gibberish, "cause you're just amazing. I don't know what I'd do without you. I'd probably be dead if you weren't there for me when I was younger."

She chuckled softly, "get some rest dear, I'll get Poppy." The sound of her walking away was the only thing filling the silence, until there was a small thud.

"Hello?" I mumbled, opening my eyes. I turned my head to the left, where the sound came from. "Is someone there?"

There was nothing, except for Peter Pettigrew. He was knocked out cold, snoring every once in a while. He had been there all day, apparently he fell down three flights of stairs this morning after breakfast.

"I can barely walk by myself," I mumbled out into the quiet room, still convinced that someone was there. "You can come out, you know. It's not like I can doing anything."

There was no sound.

"Fine, stay hidden. Not like I care. I'm dying." I murmured, quickly grabbing the trashcan just as I started heaving. "There goes my dinner." I mumbled, laughing humorlessly, wincing again.

Poppy was at my side seconds after that, Minnie right behind her. "Oh, dear, what happened?"

"I'm convinced that I'm dying, Poppy." I told her, groaning softly, "and I keep throwing up my food. Now I'm hungry."

"Dear," she chuckled, feeling my damp forehead for a temperature, pulling her hand back straight away.

"I'm going to die with an empty stomach, Poppy, that's the worst death ever." I mumbled folding my arms over my stomach.

Poppy frowned, "this isn't working, your natural heat is not allowing me to tell if you have a fever or not."

"I know how you can tell," I informed, allowing my heavy eyelids to close. "Just get me a cup of water."

"Minerva, would you please grab me a glass of water?" Poppy asked politely, turning towards Minnie.

There was another light thud, closer this time.

"Hey Poppy," I opened my eyes to look at her. "I think there is someone in here with us. They keep making noise."

Poppy chuckled lightly, "dear, there's no one in here besides us and Mr. Pettigrew."