Habits

Chapter 46: Habits

-Bex p.o.v.-

I gasped.

No. I thought.

No this could not be happening. This had to be some sick joke.

I pushed the clothing aside, searching frantically through my wardrobe. I glared darkly, recalling a conversation, "I am so going to kill you, Regulus."

I glanced down at my clothing. I was in the dress I had worn last night, only rumpled from sleeping in it. I had been too lazy to change out of it. Now I regretted it. My pajamas would have been so much better than any of the monstrosities in my closet.

I groaned, slipping out of the dress and pulling on a new one. It was the blue dress Mrs. Evans had given me for Christmas over a year ago. And it was by far the best dress out of all of the others.

I stalked out of the empty dorm room. I felt people stare after me as I passed through the common room, but I ignored all of the stragglers, heading to the great hall. I pushed the doors open, glaring at one boy in particular.

He looked up, sensing my eyes on him, smirking at my attire.

"I am going to kill you." I growled.

"I love your dress, you look hot. I told you that you should start wearing dresses more often." He chuckled, "but what's the problem?"

"The problem," I stalked towards him, claiming the attention of the entire room. "Is that you changed all of my clothing into dresses! I don't have one pair of jeans, all I have is dresses!"

Someone catcalled, breaking the harsh silence.

"Looking good, Dumbledore!" A male voice called out.

"Great job, Black! Appreciate the show you got for us!" Someone else called out to Reggie.

I scoffed, turning swiftly on my uncovered heel, I left the room. I stormed out of the castle, leaving through the front door. My bare feet became dirty almost immediately.

"Gorgeous!" He jogged after me.

"What?" I grunted, glaring at the ground. "Are you here to whistle at me, tell me I look hot, say I'm giving you a good show?" I looked up at him harshly, my glare cutting through the chilly air.

He hesitated, "I actually followed you to make sure you didn't get cold. It's a bit cold out today."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't get cold, remember," I snapped my finger, creating a small flame, snapping it again to put it out.

"Oh, right." He rubbed at the back of his neck. "Sorry."

"You weren't the one acting like that." I muttered, kicking out at a stone as we walked.

"Those guys were being pigs. Would you like me to hex them for you? I'd be happy to." He inquired with a raised eyebrow, smirking.

I giggled, shaking my head, "no. Thanks anyways."

He shrugged it off.

"Why are you still walking with me? Aren't you bored of me by now?" I questioned, looking up at him curiously. He had accomplished what he was here to do, why was he still around?

"I never get bored of you, Gorgeous. I could talk to you for hours. Hell," he chuckled a little. "I could just stare at you for hours and not be bored."

I quirked an eyebrow in interest. "How? Wouldn't you get tired of watching me for so long, it's not like I'm anything special."

He thought it over before speaking carefully, "you do things."