The Art Of Being Good

Chapter 52: The Art Of Being Good
-Bex p.o.v.-

I stood before the dreaded outfit, looking at it, completely unsure of the decision I had made. "Do I really have to?" I looked up at Lily in question.

"Yes." She nodded, "it's not that bad, you'll get used to it." She gestured for me to put on the uniform.

"The entire uniform?" I asked with a small pout.

"The old Bex would never wear the uniform, so the new Bex must." Lily insisted.

"But the new Bex doesn't want to either." I mumbled, but slipped on the skirt semi-willingly. I scrutinized myself in the mirror, "I look weird."

"You look fine. It's just the fact that you've never worn it. You'll get used to it." Lily smiled, handing me a pair of black flats.

"I can't wear my sneakers?" I looks at the tattered pair at the end of my bed. I had kept those sneakers through the years, they were my favorite shoe ever.

"You can, but not with the uniform sneakers are for the weekends." Lily informed, pushing the flats into my hands.

I sighed, slipping them on, I frowned down at them. "They feel weird."

"You'll get used to it."

"You keep telling me that." I mumbled, grabbing my bag.

She smiled, "come on, let's go to breakfast."

I followed her through the common room, ignoring all of the looks. I knew it was because of the way I was dressed. Never before would I wear the entire uniform. Never before would I wear a skirt. This was completely new.

We made it to the great hall, gaining more looks. Sirius looked up as I approached my table, he gaped.

"Gorgeous!" He stood, rubbing the back of his neck, "you look- you look different!"

"Thank you, captain obvious,"'James pushed him aside, holding his arms out for a hug. "She's wearing the uniform, and looking amazing."

I clutched James' robes, trying to hide myself from all of the onlookers, "thanks James. It's weird wearing a skirt."

James must have noticed how uncomfortable I was because he yelled out to everyone, "nothing to see here, go back to your business, you bloody sods."

I smiled up at him, "thanks." I whispered again.

"No problem, Little Potter." He put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

Sirius looked discouraged, slumping in his seat.

James smirked at him, muttering something to him about him needing to stop being an idiot around me.

Sirius glared at him, muttering back something I couldn't hear.

"So Little Potter," James smirked down at me, "got any plans for this weekend?"

"I'm not going to Hogsmeade, I'm staying here." I informed him, picking at my toast.

"Why? Don't have a date or something? That's what girls do right? If they don't have a date, they don't go?" James questioned, looking at me curiously.

I rolled my eyes, "no James, girls don't do that. I'm not going because all of the Valentine's Day idiots are going to be all lovey-dovey. I don't want to see that. I already have to deal with them on Valentine's Day, don't need to see them on the weekend after."

"So you're staying here?"

I nodded, taking a bite of eggs.

"Oh how wonderful! You can spend the day with Sirius! He's not going to Hogsmeade either." James announced.