Miss. Popular

Chapter 34: Miss. Popular
-Bex p.o.v.-

I woke up to the sound of clanging and thudding. Poppy was cleaning up the equipment she had used the night before on me, as well as the equipment around Peter.

"Hey Poppy, how'd you sleep?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

She smiled, "I slept fine, and how about you? How did you sleep?"

I shrugged, "I was waking up on and off to throw up, but besides that, pretty good I guess." I sat up, leaning against the headboard.

"You have to stay here until tonight, but you'll be fine. You'll have plenty of time to catch up on that sleep." She chuckled, taking the medical equipment back to her office.

I sat there in boredom, looking around the room. My eyes landed on Peter's sleeping form. "Hey! Peter!" I called out to him.

He didn't wake, he continued to snore softly, wrapped in his blankets and sheets. Half of his body was hanging off the bed, the only thing keeping him on the bed was the tightly wrapped sheets around him. How did he not hear me? I was on the bed next to him, I was five feet away from him.

I sighed, looking around for something to throw at him. On my bedside table was the pad of paper that healers used when prescribing patients with medicine. I smirked, grabbing the pad of paper, ripping off the top sheet and throwing it at him.

Ten minutes later, I had run out of paper, Peter was covered and surrounded by the wades of paper. I looked around for something new, just as I was about to throw a handful of pens at him, someone walked in.

"Little Potter, what are you doing?" James walked in with Remus and Sirius.

"Well I'm definitely not throwing things at Peter, if that's what you're thinking." I said, placing the pens back on the bedside table.

"So how are you feeling? Sirius told us about your sudden illness," Remus questioned sweetly.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." I nodded curtly, "but know that just because I'm sick does not mean that you guys are off the hook. I'm still mad at you."

"We figured as much." James sighed, ruffling his hair. "We're sorry, okay, we get it. You don't want us getting in your business."

I shook my head, "no, I don't think you get it. I want freedom. I don't want to be pushed behind you guys and guarded. I want to find things out for myself. I want to be my own person."

Remus looked thoughtful at my words, he seemed to be the only one really understanding what I was saying. He was the only one that actually gave me space.

"I don't want you guys smothering me. I can take care of myself, I don't need you guys protecting me. I want to make other friends and get to know other people. I don't want to be suffocated by you guys." I crossed my arms over my chest defiantly.

James sighed, "but I don't want to let you go. I want to keep you close and safe and away from danger."

"The only danger out there is the kind that you put me through by trying to keep me close." I pointed out, looking away in a sense of showing that I was in control of this situation.

Sirius groaned, "come on Dumbledore, you have to see it from our point of view! You were kidnapped away from us, and now you're hanging out with the kidnappers like their your best friends."

I glared at him, "and who exactly pushed me away, allowing for me to be kidnapped in the first place?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "that's why I don't want to let you get away from me anymore."