Sparks Fly

Chapter 24: Sparks Fly
-Bex p.o.v.-

"You make it!" James argued.

"No, I made breakfast, you make lunch!" I countered, glaring at him.

"You know I can't cook!" James accused, "you have to make it!"

"Don't tell me what to do, James." I placed my hands on my waist, looking at him through narrowed eyes.

"I'll tell you what I want to tell you." He smirked.

Sirius, who had previously been sitting at the counter silently watching us argue, finally spoke. "Uh guys, why don't we all work together to make lunch."

James and I turned our glares to him. "Shut up Sirius." We sneered together.

"You make lunch." James commanded.

"Or you could make lunch before I shove my fist down your throat." I said in a very hostile tone.

He scoffed, "yeah right. I'd block your fist before it came near me."

I smiled a sickly sweet smile, "James, are you hungry? Would you like me to make you a sandwich?"

He smirked, "yes please, I'd love a sandwich for lunch."

"I'll make you one of my favorite sandwiches." I started to walk towards him, "here, have a knuckle sandwich!" I lunged to him, trying to connect my fist with his face.

Sirius, who had seen much earlier than James, where this was going, grabbed me by the waist as I jumped at James. He hauled me away as I was kicking and screaming at James.

"Alright, let's work together, Remus and Peter will be here soon, they'll be hungry. Let's make some grilled toasties, yeah?" He looked over his shoulder, "come on Prongs."

I narrowed my eyes at him as he pushed me into the kitchen. "Since when did you become the voice of reason?"

"Yeah, Padfoot, this is not you, at all." James agreed, "Moony isn't suppose to be here until later. Put your inner Moony away."

Sirius glared, "oh, so you two can get along when it comes to making fun of me, for trying to get you to get along."

I shared a look with James, we both smirked at Sirius.

He rolled his eyes, "quit giving me that face, it's weird. You have the same smirk."

"So were making toasties?" I asked, changing the subject as I glanced around the spotless kitchen.

"Yeah, I'll get the stuff," Sirius rummaged around in the fridge, grabbing a large block of cheese. "Hey James, can you get a loaf of bread from the freezer. We're all out."

James sighed, but did as he was asked. He came back a few minutes later, a new loaf of bread in his hands.

Making grilled toasties was a simple enough process. All you had to do was melt the cheese on the bread. And bam! You had yourself a sandwich.

Having to make grilled toasties with James and Sirius was not so simple. They didn't know anything about a kitchen. Nothing. And I thought I was a dunce when it came to cooking, these boys made me look like a culinary arts genius.

"Stop it James!" I pushed him away, "I told you to heat up the toaster! Quit touching all over the bread!"

"Does this bother you?" He asked, touching each piece of bread.

"Yes!" I pulled the bread out of his hands, "I don't know where your hands have been!"

He scoffed, "we all just washed our hands! Like just five seconds ago! What do you think I could have done to make them so dirty, so fast?"