Dramatic Train Rides

Chapter 18: Dramatic Train Rides
-Bex p.o.v.-

Thursday morning, it seemed, couldn't come fast enough. But soon enough, it was. The students were all bustling around, dragging luggage and pets behind them. It was time to go home for break.

I was currently in the Room of Requirement, where I had moved when Lily started her grudge on me, packing my things. I should really start packing before hand, I thought, but that requires planning, something I don't do.

Finishing with my packing, I left the magical room, heading towards the great hall. Since the train was leaving fairly early, at exactly seven o'clock, we would be leaving for the Hogsmeade train station at six thirty.

"Oh good, you're here." Remus greeted when I plopped down in my regular seat at the Gryffindor table.

"Morning." I mumbled, leaning against his shoulder so I could rest. "Where are the other three?"

"Peter got stuck under his bed, Sirius and James are trying to get him out. I told them I'd come wait for you." Remus explained, looking back at his book.

"That's cool," I muttered, not really listening to what he was saying. I had started to drift off on his shoulder.

"Moony, why is Gorgeous lay on you?" Sirius questioned, sitting on my other side.

"She leant against me on her own, she started falling asleep." Remus justified himself, most likely not looking up from his book.

"Little Potter." James started to poke me from across the table. "Time to wake up. You need to eat something before we go."

I groaned, leaning farther into Remus, trying to get away from James. "Go away." I muttered against Remus' shoulder.

"Remus, wake her up for me, will you?" James asked, "she seems fonder of you this morning."

"Bex," Remus whispered into my ear. "Come on Bex, you've got to get up before James kills me. He doesn't like you laying on me."

"Too bad James." I murmured, trying to block them out.

Remus chuckled, "come on, if you don't get up now he might rip my head off."

Sleepily, I lifted my head, leaning to my other side. My head found it's place in the crook of Sirius' neck.

"Sirius," James spoke in a warming voice.

"Alright, alright, calm yourself." Sirius sighed, "Bex. You can't lay on me, James will kill me if you do."

"Go to hell, James." I muttered annoyed.

Laughter filled my ears, "you deserved that." Sirius agreed, "just let her sleep, she's tired and it's early. I'd be passed out if Remus didn't pour that coffee down my throat."

"Fine," James grumbled, obviously not happy with the situation.

"If it will make you happy, she can lay on your shoulder when we get to the train." Sirius told James, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I drifted off, the last thing I heard was James agreeing to the new seating. I slept for what felt like only seconds but what must have been thirty or so minutes.

I only woke up from my short nap when I was being carried away. "What's happening?" I asked softly, still tired.

"We're going to the carriages so we can get to the train station in time." Sirius explained to me. He was holding me bridal style and was walking down the pathway to the front gates.

"Okay," I sighed sleepily and snuggled further into his arms.

We must have made it onto the train at some point because when I woke up again I was leaning on James, cuddled into his side.

"Morning Little Potter, you were sleepy, huh?" James smiled down at me.

"Yeah," I smiled sleepily at him, stretching my arms high above my head. "What time is it?"

"It's a few minutes away from being eleven." James informed.

I looked around the compartment, noticing that the small room was empty except for the two of us. "Where did the others go?"

"Remus had to use the restroom and Sirius went off with Peter to get some food." James explained stretching as well. "They should be back any minute now," James said just as the compartment door slid open.

"You're up, how wonderful." Remus smiled, sitting in the seat next to the window, across from James.

"How long until we get to King's Cross?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Approximately four to five hours." Remus estimated, looking down at the watch on his wrist.

"Look who finally woke up," Sirius walked into the compartment, Peter following him. His hands were full of different sweets and foods.

I giggled, "it was too early, don't blame me."

We spent those four to five hours like we'd never see each other again.

James had burst into fake tears, pulling us all into a group hug. He was mumbling about how much he was going to miss us.

"James, you do know that we're going to be at your house for Christmas, right?" Remus chuckled, patting his back soothingly.

James glared, all traces of his fake tears gone from his face. "Remus, can't you see I'm trying to give us a dramatic goodbye?"

"Oh right," Remus chuckled, rolling his eyes. "I'm very sorry, please continue."

James burst into his tears again, pulling us closer together.

I giggled, "when did you become such a drama queen James."

"He's always been such a drama queen." Sirius smirked.

James protested, glaring at his best friend, "no!"

"Yes," Remus interjected. "How many times have you pulled out the fake tears, James? You do it every time we separate from a short period of time

"I do not." James rolled his eyes. "Give me one example." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"When we were getting our supplies for school last summer," Sirius smirked, "you started crying because Remus said he was going of some other book shop to pick up a book."

"Earlier this year," Remus suggested. "You cried when Sirius wouldn't come with you to Hogshead."

"Last night." Sirius chuckled, "you cried when we ignored you."

"Okay, okay." James glared, "I said one example, not bloody bring up every time I've ever done it."

I giggled, rubbing his back, "it's okay Jamesie. I'm here for you."

"Good," James buried his head in my hair, "because I think I might really cry. They're being mean to me."

I turned, glaring playfully at the other two boys. "Quit being mean to my James." I hit Sirius in his chest.

"Ow!" He exclaimed, massaging the place where I hit him, "that's not very nice!"

"You we're mean to my James first." I said matter-of-factly.

"Hit him again," James urged, "I don't think he quite understood from that last hit."

I giggled and hit Sirius again. He complained about the hit, grumbling to himself.

"Look! I can see the station!" Peter squeaked, pressing himself against the window.

Last night I took Andrew and Sebastian to my house, I told them that they could use anything they wanted and the kitchen was theirs. I instructed my house elves to take care of them and promised to be back a few days before Christmas.

Tom would most likely not want me bringing my guardians to his house, so with Andrew and Sebastian out of the way and taken care of, I was able to go to Tom's house.

"Bye guys," I grinned at the group. We were gathered by the trains entrance, saying our goodbyes. "I'll see you in a couple of days," I hugged them each.

"There's my mum, see you soon." Peter scurried off, meeting up with his mum and dad.

I glanced over my shoulder, catching sight of Rosier, "there's my friend, bye guys." I grinned at them, waving at Rosier over my shoulder.

"That's the minion of his?" Sirius muttered, staring at Rosier, dislike on his face.

"Yes, and he is very nice. So quit glaring, will you," I rolled my eyes. "I'll see you soon, no need to worry. It's not like I'm being taken against my will, I agreed to go."

I began to walk away from them, skipping over to Rosier's side. "Rosier, I missed you," I hugged the familiar man.

He chuckled, "missed you too, sweetheart." He ruffled my hair a little, grinning widely.

I giggled, patting my hair back into place. Looking over my shoulder I caught sight of the boys still staring at me. Aunt Eleanor and Uncle Charlus had joined them, looking at me in sadness. Lily was also talking with Remus, staring at me. It was evident that Remus was telling Lily about where I was headed. The Potter's didn't look too happy with it either.

I waved at them, smiling brightly. They waved a little, less enthusiastic, staring in slight horror as Rosier lead me away.

"So where are we going?" I asked, looking up at him.

Rosier grabbed my hand, taking me around a corner. "We're headed to an alley right out this door. From there I can apparate us to the Dark Lord's house."

"Great." I grinned, skipping after him.

---------------------------
Hey guys! What do you think? The next chapter will be her stay at Tom's!
Comment, vote, share, fan, and follow please? Thanks guys!

And now! Bex Dumbledore is on Twitter! You can follow and ask her anything you wish, strike up a conversation about anything and you'll get a reply. Plus, the other characters will be hijacking her twitter at random moments, who knows you might end up speaking to Severus Snape, or even James Potter, maybe you'll say hello to Sirius Black or you might strike a conversation with Tom Riddle. You never know.

Her twitter handle is-- @Bex_Dumbledore

Plus she follows back! :)