Betrayal

Chapter 59: Betrayal
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Listen Liam," I gripped his shoulders, crouched so that I was his height. "Something's going to happen tonight, over dinner. And I want you to be prepared for it, alright? Don't cry, don't scream, don't do anything but sit there. Promise me, you won't do anything but sit in your seat."

He was watching me curiously, confused as to what was happening. "But can't you just tell me?"

I shook my head, "I can't Liam, just please. Do as I've asked you."

He nodded slowly, still contemplating what would be going down at dinner.

"Good. Now remember, no matter what happens tonight, I want you to know that I'm innocent. Okay? Don't let anything change what you know about me. Don't let anyone try to change your mind. Remember what it's like to spend time with me, remember how I've saved peoples lives, remember how I would never do anything to hurt you."

He nodded again.

"Now, I'm going to have to go away for a bit, be a good boy for Lily? She'll take care of you."

He frowned, but didn't question.

"Don't worry, Liam, I'll see you soon. Alright? Nothing will keep me from you." I smiled at him, stroking his hair, "I've always got a plan."

"Captain," Peeves floated off to the side of us, "it's time."

I nodded, "I'll meet you there." I turned back to Liam as Peeves disappeared through a wall. "Remember what I've told you Liam, okay? And don't tell anyone else. No matter what, don't tell anyone. Can I trust you with that?"

"Yes." His voice was a little hoarse and he looked to be holding back tears.

I reached behind my neck, pulling the necklace off. It was the dog tags Ozzy had given me so long ago, never had I taken them off, but this felt like the right time. "I want you to take care of these for me, can you do that?"

He nodded silently.

"These belong to a very special friend of mine, I never take them off. I want you to wear them while I'm gone, it'll remind you of me." I carefully placed the necklace around his neck, tucking it under his shirt. "Don't let anyone else see it. They might take it from you, they will want to go through anything that is mine after what happens tonight. Be safe, Liam. Be strong. I love you." I placed a soft kiss on his forehead and hugged him quickly before I pulled away and left him standing there.

I rounded the corner, Peeves was waiting for me. "You know, Captain, the kid could be a problem."

"Liam won't cause any trouble." I assured. We made our way towards the hospital wing. Anabeth was already waiting for us, she sat on one of the beds, the bed I frequently sat upon when forced into the hospital wing. "Sit on this one." I told her, gesturing to a different bed.

She looked confused, but stood from my bed and went to the other one. "Why did I need to switch beds?"

"That's not important." I shrugged her questions off. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "so how are we to do this?"

"It's quite simple, really, I want you to lay in this bed and sit still. I'll try not to hurt you, yeah?"

"Yeah." She adjusted herself on the bed, lying under the covers. When she finished moving around, she looked up at me. "Ready."

"Okay. Now don't move. These spells shouldn't hurt, but they will leave the feeling of the charm behind, for good measure. So if you don't move a muscle until Poppy fixes you up, you'll be fine." I explained to her. "I'll be giving you a broken arm, bruised neck, busted lip, and bloody nose."