New Girl

Chapter 29: New Girl
-Bex p.o.v.-

I got off the train after everyone else. Trailing slowly towards the castle, I had missed the last carriage so I began my slow trek to Hogwarts.

It took an hour or so to make it to the large doors, I had taken my time. I wasn't in a hurry to get back to the castle. After our argument, I had spent the rest of my break ignoring everyone and staying in my room. I kept to myself.

Everyday I jumped out of the window and ran off to the park and one day, Tom was there. He was waiting for me. He greeted me and gave me back my missing wand.

We laughed and spent the rest of the afternoon together. But then I finally had to leave, I couldn't stay out too late or they would know I had left.

Of course I had my suspicions that they knew I was leaving every day. Aunt Eleanor would always act weird when I went down for dinner. That was the only meal that I ate with them. The other two meals I brought food up to my room and ate by myself. And even at dinner, I was silent, ignoring all attempts talk to me.

The day before holiday was over, Tom told me he had a new head quarters and everything was fine. He assured me that he would see me soon.

I passed the Great Hall, there was no way I'd be eating in there. Instead, I went to the kitchens and had a lovely feast with the house elves. They don't treat me like a child.

Hours later, I laughed, slowly going to the portrait hole. "I had a great time, thanks. You guys really got my mind off of things."

"It was our pleasure, Master." A house elf spoke up with a proud grin on his face.

I stepped out into the corridor and made my way up to the common room. The Fat Lady let me in begrudgingly, she didn't like me, not in the slightest bit.

I passed quickly through the common room, not paying attention to the boys as they called out to me. I did however, pay attention to a little second year as he bound over to me. "Liam! It's great to see you buddy!"

"Bex! How are you? Did you have a good break?" He grinned, hugging me tightly.

"We'll talk all about our holiday tomorrow, during break, yeah?" I asked, making sure he still wanted to spend his break with me.

"Yeah." He nodded eagerly.

"Alright, it's getting late. Have a nice sleep." I nudged him in the direction of the boy's staircase, smiling after him.

Before one of the boys could try to call after me, I entered the girl's staircase. My room was near the top of the staircase, as a sixth year, I was given a room away from the younger class men.

I swung the door open, stepping in and towards my bed. I stopped mid-step, staring at the stranger who was sitting on my bed.

"Hi," she smiled brightly at me. The other girls turned to see who she was speaking to. When they saw me it got quiet. "I'm Callie." She held out her hand for me to shake.

I ignored the girl's hand, "what are you doing on my bed?" I questioned, glaring at her slightly.

"Your bed? She asked in confusion.

"Yes. That's my bed. What are you doing sitting on it?" I explained slowly to the girl, I was talking to her as if she was a five year old. And to me, she was, why would she sit on someone else's bed. Especially when there is proof that someone else is occupying that space.

"Oh, Lily said I could have this bed. I'm sorry, I didn't know." She quickly stood.

"You know what? It's fine, stay. I'll just get my things and leave. It'll be like I wasn't ever assigned to this dorm, after all, I haven't been staying here for four months." I glared at Lily. Moving to the nightstand, I took the only thing I really cared about, a silver lighter that Uncle Charlus got me last Christmas. That was actually the only reason I came up here, I was planning to stay in the Room of Requirement anyways.