Love Confessions

Chapter 36: Love Confessions
-Bex p.o.v.-

Regulus was released from the hospital wing within the hour, he and Severus went back to their common room. I went to the Gryffindor common room.

The portrait hole swung open after I spoke my password and the Fat Lady gave her scripted reply. A party was in full swing, the victory party.

I frowned slightly. It was only a victory because I had to hit my friend with a bludger. I caught sight of Remus, he was talking with new girl. "Remus, what's going on?"

"It's the victory party. Where have you been? This is the first time I've seen you." Remus asked curiously, worry in his eyes.

I looked away, "no where." I cleared my throat, "umm I'm just going to head up to my dorm, maybe take a nap."

He nodded, still worried, "alright. I'll see you later then." He watched my back as I disappeared into the crowd of people, heading for the girls staircase.

I made it out of the hoard of crazy, drunk people, and just as I was about to push through the door to the girls staircase, someone caught my arm. "Black?"

"You're back." He muttered, swaying slightly.

I frowned, "you're drunk."

He nodded, slumping against me, "what else am I suppose to do? You ran off with my brother when I love you."

I froze, love me? He couldn't, he's lying. It's the alcohol in his system. He likes a different girl. He could never love me. I thought of countless excuses. Excuses that made it impossible for him to actually love me. But deep inside of me, I felt hopeful, when you're drunk you tell the truth, what if he meant me? What if he did love me and not some other girl.

"No you don't, it's all the alcohol you've had. That's what makes you think you love me," even as I said the words I knew to be true, I couldn't help the hopeful feeling bubbling inside of me. The wishful thinking. "And I've told you before, he's my friend."

"I love you." He told me again, looking into my eyes, he was urging me to believe him. Something I couldn't do unless he was completely sober.

"Tell me again when you're sober."

James suddenly ran up to us, "hey Bex," he rubbed his neck nervously, "so what are you guys talking about?" He trailed off, looking at us nervously.

"What are you doing Potter?" I deadpanned, staring at him unamused.

He sighed, "Sirius told me to make sure that he doesn't go near you in his drunken state because he didn't want to say or do something stupid in front of you."

"He's already given me an earful." I muttered, pushing past them both.

"No come back," Sirius whined behind me.

I ignored him, continuing to my dorm. He didn't mean what he said, there's no way he could have meant it. I sighed, plopping down on my bed. Sebastian was sitting on my bed, looking at me quizzically, "what happened?"

"He told me he loved me." I sighed.

"That's great!" He exclaimed, smiling brightly.

"No it's not." I frowned. A tap on the window claimed our attention. Sitting on the ledge outside of my dorm was Andrew. I jumped up, opening the window and ushering him in. "What are you doing out there? You could have died!"

He chuckled, "I can't die a second time."

I rolled my eyes, "it's still dangerous."

"So what's so bad about him saying he loves you? You like him, he likes you. I'm not seeing the problem." Sebastian spoke, ignoring the fact that Andrew had just been standing on the ledge of a building hundreds of feet up from the ground, acting like it was a normal occurrence.