The Late Practice

Chapter 30: The Late Practice
-Bex p.o.v.-

I was laughing with Regulus and Severus, we were waiting for Liam by the beech tree next to the lake. We had been there for thirty minutes already, we got a double break.

Liam popped up behind the tree, screaming, "boo!" I jumped in surprise and we all burst into laughter.

"You're the most terrifying thing ever, you little monster." I grinned, tickling his sides.

He giggled loudly, squirming away from me. He sat down next to Severus, "hi Severus, how are you?"

Severus chuckled, "I'm doing pretty well, and how about yourself?"

"I'm great!" Then Liam went into this long speech, talking about how fantastic his break was. He moved his arms around animatedly, talking with large, excited eyes.

I watched him with a small smile on my lips, taking in his changes. His brown hair looked to be getting lighter and lighter as the days went by. And his cute boyish looks were slowly starting to disappear, he was going to be going through puberty soon, and the effects were already starting to talk place.

Every once in a while, his voice would break, and he had started to gain a bit more weight. He was filling out.

Liam was in the middle of explaining how his baby sister spoke her first words, when we were interrupted. "Aye! Dumbledore, practice is right after your afternoon class ends. Don't be late." James informed as he walked past our group, the others following him.

"I'll try not to be," I rolled my eyes, "and just so you know, that means I'll probably be late."

James sighed, continuing on his way. They went and sat on the opposite side of the lake, I noticed that they kept looking over at us.

I was sitting next to Regulus and we were looking at the frozen lake, discussing what would happen if one of us decided to go for a swim.

I giggled, "Reggie, I think you'll fall through and die of frostbite of something."

He chuckled along with me. "Not if you come swim with me," he smirked. "So how about it? Fancy a swim?"

I shook my head giggling, "no way! Maybe we could later tonight, after I tell you guys about my visit."

He agreed and we continued to talk. Lunch was spent with the boys at the Slytherin table, much like how I spent every other meal. We caused quite the ruckus with our argument on food.

And soon enough, I had to go to Quidditch practice. I walked into the empty pitch, my practice clothes on and broomstick over my shoulder and beaters bat in my other hand.

No one was there, not a living soul. Not even a ghost. I was alone. I dropped my things and plopped down in the snow next to it. I sat there for twenty minutes before they finally decided to show up.

"Thanks for coming to practice," I glared at James. "You left me out here for twenty minutes before you decide it's time for practice. Weren't you the one that told me not to be late?"

James rolled his eyes, "I had to do something important, I'm here now. So let's practice."

"No, I'm done. I've been out here for twenty minutes, what was so important that you had to blow me off when you specifically told me to be here on time. I come on time, not a minute late. But you, the captain, came twenty minute late to your own practice."

"I was talking with the headmaster," James glared, "if you must know."

I scoffed, "so now my dad is calling you out of class to go talk. Let me guess, he gave you his little speech about how love is the most powerful magic. He told you some little tale about a man who died from being alone. He told you to fix things with me, because I need love. Is that how things went?"