How They See It

Chapter 53: How They See It
-Bex p.o.v.-

The days passed quickly. February ended with one last snow fall. Again I was confused. The old Bex hated snow but then learned to tolerate it. So the new Bex should love it... Right?

Life had become one big mystery to me. I wasn't sure of anything I was doing. It all confused me.

March began with some nice weather. Lily and the other girls dragged me outside, and we sat down by the lake. We giggled and talked and had a good time. It was fun.

I also ended up spending quite a bit of time with new girl. I learned her name too. It was Calliope. But people called her Callie. I also found myself actually noticing her.

I took a real, long look at her. Focussing on the little things as well as her entire presence. She was a strange person to be around. But she was nice as well.

Her hair was quite weird, it was red on top and blonde at the tips, she told me she started dying it when she was thirteen. She was pale. So pale it looked fake, sickly maybe. She also wore contacts. Her grey eyes were covered with green contacts during the day.

I asked her about it once, "why do you wear contacts? I mean, you don't need them to see or anything. So why wear them?"

She shrugged a little, "to fit in, I guess." She sighed and explained, "my parents are a very proud, pure family. They aren't bad, they just keep to themselves, they never associate with muggles or anything. They are too busy with work at the ministry. I reckon that if they ever met muggles they would get along greatly, but they are too focused on work." She racked a hand through her strange hair. "I'm not like them. I guess I first noticed when I was eight. They are tan and tall. They have green eyes and they're just so different from me."

I nodded, motioning for her to continue.

"I dyed my hair because I wanted to. But I changed my eyes for them. Just so I won't feel completely out of place, I'll still have the same eyes as them." She played with her fingers, not looking up at me.

I shrugged. "I like you're grey eyes better."

She smiled at me. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." I gave her a half smile.

Cai joined me in my new house. She decided that since she had also been a Beauxbaton Girl, she would join me. But I think Lily made a bet with her.

Either way, I now had two members of my house. Andrew Blake and Cai Hunter, along with myself. We were a trio of peace and serenity.

It seemed to fit us.

Andrew hardly spoke, he just minded his own business. He sat there and listened calmly, he was a reasonable type of person. He was calm.

Cai didn't question anyone's motives, she went along with it. She didn't feel the need to tell me how I should look at things, she took things from both points of view and pieced it together herself. She was logical.

I was the one that had troubles keeping up the peaceful views. I tended to say things before thinking. And I was working on that. The other two were patient with my transformation, they helped me and never judged.

They were great friends.

Regulus and Severus took my change a different way. They tried to set me off, bring out the temper that threatened to flare inside of me. I know they had the right intentions in mind but they didn't understand why I had to change. Why I needed to change.

So I stayed as calm around them as possible. Of course, after trying for five minutes, each time we met up with each other, to get a reaction they stopped and acted normal.

It was nice, they didn't take my transformation too badly, they got over it and acted as they regularly would have. They kept me grounded.

I think Sirius was the one taking it the hardest out of everyone.

Remus nodded reasonably when I explained my change to them. He wished me luck and told me he'd be there for me. He's too loyal to give up on anyone, that's why I loved him.

James, well he was being James. He burst into his fake tears and hugged me tightly. He stroked my hair and exclaimed that he would love me forever no matter what I did. He caused a lot of people to look at us, and question our sanity. Though, it was a nice and very James-like gesture.

Peter merely accepted it and moved on. He didn't worry or fret at all. He didn't seem to really care.

But Sirius. Sirius put up a fight. He told me not to change. That I didn't need to change. He said I was perfectly fine just how I was.

But 'how I was' was the reason I was getting so hurt. I didn't like being hurt. It made me feel weak and inferior. That was not something I liked.

He told me that I was perfect in his eyes, though I think he was just saying that. He was using it as an excuse not to change me. But it wouldn't work. Not on me.

It might have worked on one of his fangirls, and maybe even the old Bex, but the new Bex, she was too good for his ways. She didn't fall for Sirius' lines. She didn't get mesmerized by his eyes. She wasn't wrapped up in his entire being.

New Bex was strong and independent and she didn't need anyone, not even Sirius. She was too good to be controlled by a guy. New Bex was not one to be easily fooled by his persuasive tone and alluring eyes.

Each one of my friend had a different view, it seemed, on my sudden change. Each one of them took it differently. Some loved it, some stood by me, some tolerated it, and some hated it.

New Bex didn't care though, she was happy with the way things had turned out. She didn't care about the others thoughts on the subject. She cared about not being hurt. She cared about being protected.

And that's what she did. She protected herself.

---------------------------
So sorry I didn't update earlier, but seeing as today is my dad's birthday, we had a small celebration. So I'm going to stay up and crank out another chapter, then tomorrow, I'll give another chapter, and later, near the end of the day will be Bex and Sirius' date!
Please comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Thank you everyone! :)