Saving Lives

Chapter 40: Saving Lives
-Bex p.o.v.-

Tonight was like any other night. I left from dinner and went to my spot. Andrew and Sebastian were sitting, already waiting.

"Hey guys." I greeted, plopping down next to them.

"How are to doing, champ?" Sebastian looked at me softly, giving me a half smile.

I sighed. "They want a second chance. They want to prove themselves to me. And I'm worried. Not so much about them actually doing it, but what if they do? Then how am I suppose to ignore the feelings if I'm around him all the time?"

Andrew shrugged, "some feelings are signs. Do you remember what I told you that one day we were walking by the woods?"

I grinned a little, "of course. You said that signs often lead us to a better self. We must follow the signs, no matter where we think they lead us, because you never know."

"And when you asked about following? What did I say then?" He questioned.

"That following doesn't necessarily mean that you are weak. That you don't know where to go. It means you are strong enough to step back and allow yourself to be controlled by emotion instead of pushing them away."

Sebastian smirked, "do you remember what I told you while we were eating ice cream that one day?"

I giggled, "which day? We do that frequently."

"That day that Andrew was gone, he had that one thing with the council." Sebastian explained further.

"You mean when you told me that, and I quote, 'I'm too fuckin' awesome to let people walk all over me', is that what you're talking about?" I stifled a giggle.

"Exactly!" He exclaimed, grinning broadly. "Now who's advice do you like better? Which one of us is the best advice giver?"

I rolled my eyes, "oh it's obviously you, Sebastian."

Andrew rolled his eyes, "you're both idiots."

After a couple of minutes, someone's footsteps coming up the stairs could be heard.

"We've got to go. See you later." Sebastian stood, pulling Andrew to his feet.

"Alright, bye." I spoke, confused on their sudden departure. They jumped off the edge, I gasped, watching as they dropped several hundred feet and landed softly, like they had only jumped from the bottom step onto the ground. "Wow." I muttered to myself.

"Bex? Is that you up there?"

I swung from the edge of the roof onto the small balcony area. "Yeah it's me." I informed new girl. "Why are you always here?"

She shrugged, "I like it up here. It's rather calming coming here. Is that why you're always here?"

"This is my spot. I come here when I need to talk to someone I know." I explained vaguely.

"You could always talk to me." She suggested.

I frowned, "no offense, but I don't really like you."

She mirrored my frown, "why not? What have I done wrong?"

I shrugged, "you just get on my nerves. First of all, you sat on my bed. That was my bed. No one sits on my bed. It's a sacred place to me."

"I'm sorry, it was a misunderstanding. If I knew you would have gotten this mad over it, I wouldn't have sat on yours. I would've sat on a chair or something." She frowned apologetically at me.

"I don't need your apology. I'm over it. It's not so much the fact that you sat on my bed, it's the fact that you tried to be my friend after that." I narrowed my eyes, "you can't just ruin someone's entire week and then pretend none of it happened."