[1] Creep

Cover made by ocean_shadows <3 do you prefer it?

*^*^*

Today I'm looking after my neighbour's ice rink whilst they are on holiday. They definitely got the better half of the deal.

I arrive late in the afternoon, the sun shining deviously overhead, and begin my vague list of jobs. Switching on the lights, I activate the ice cooler and grab the trolley full of the random equipment the caretakers use to bring the rink to life.

"Yo, who's the bitch who just got dragged out of a hurricane?" A voice shouts from behind me, making me immediately aware of my messy bun and oversized clothing.

What the hell? There's not meant to be anyone else here right now– the rink is closed!

I grab the closest thing I can find to defend my small mass and spin on my heels to face the darker part of the room, raising the screwdriver and toilet brush in front of me.

They were the only things I could find, okay?

"Who are you and what do you want?" My voice echoes against the ice, the screwdriver weaved though my fingers, outstretched in my defence.

I can only make out an evil laugh coming from the teared seating in the corner of the room.

"Show yourself!" I yell out, eyes scanning for my mischievous intruder.

Woah this is like some creepy horror movie where the evil villain jumps out from the shadows...

I keep my eyes peeled for movement and make my way up the steps of the plastic seating, converses squeaking against the tarnished floor.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." I add for effect.

I hear a faint snigger to my right and pounce, unleashing my inner tiger as my instincts kick in.

Jumping onto a strange lump, I start prodding viciously with the screwdriver. Then, after working out where the person's face is, I start rubbing the toilet brush all over it.

I would make such a good super hero.

"Agh... Ow... Stop it... That hurts." I hear from below me but carry on. "Just... Leave me... Alo- HAHA, Ow I'm ticklish HAHAHA... Please haha... Stop... I surrender!"

I pull back my weapons but keep him pinned to the ground, only raising my head to yell in his face, "Who are you and what do you want?"

Hey, I could be in an action movie!

I hear a laugh from below me and rub the brush in his face again. "Answer me!"

"Okay, okay... my name is Mace Nichilo." He smiles and I realise that he is actually really good looking.

As in he's gorgeous... Like a god...

Focus Hayley.

"And what do you want 'Mace Nichilo'?" I narrow my eyes.

I suspect that isn't his real name...

"I'm just visiting!" He cries, his blue eyes glinting.