Epilogue

Engine revving. Wheels skidding. Leather rubbing. I ride my motorcycle down the street.

Kidding, it's Zeke's, but I'd like to think I could steal it off him.

Zeke runs beside me, making sure I don't fall off, as I balance on the bike like a little kid learning how to ride a bicycle.

"I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" I squeal and turn to look at him for a fraction of a second to find the bike rapidly turning towards the cruel pavement.

I try to turn buts it's no use. I'm about to crash when Zeke jumps onto the back and steers me to a halt.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

"What's going on?" I frown, taking off my helmet and following his gesture to climb off.

He rolls his eyes as he smooths down my disheveled hair. "There's no way I'm letting you ride my new bike all the way to school at night when you can barely steer down a street. It's my baby now."

I put my hands on my hips, teasing him. "So what, I've been replaced?"

He shrugs. "Sozzles."

"Don't even say that." I cringe.

His hands slip underneath my leather jacket (he lent it to me, which basically means it's mine now) and hold my waist as he pulls me closer.

"You're just jealous," he smirks and I try to push him away.

"No it's okay if you're gonna replace your girlfriend with your new toy it's fine..." I fake being angry at him, my gaze looking blankly away from his.

He rolls his eyes and kisses my nose. "My girlfriend," he announces as he pecks my lips and pulls back. "Is irreplaceable."

"That was cheesy." I grin.

"But true," he grins back. "I don't know anyone else who has that bad coordination..."

I play hit him but he catches my wrists and pulls me closer to properly kiss me. I'm about to kiss him back when I slap my hand over his eager lips.

"Zeke, stop! We're gonna be late!" I yell and thrust a helmet towards his chest which he catches easily.

"But but but—," he objects as I climb onto my bike.

Sorry, his bike.

"Either get on I'll go without you." I raise an eyebrow and he scowls.

"Don't worry baby," He strokes his bike. "I won't let the nasty girl hurt you."

I slap the sides of his helmet, which is now on his head, in unison as we speed off down the tarmac road.

We reach the school at around ten, hearts pumping and fingers trembling. Well mine are anyway, I don't think Zeke is concerned at all about breaking into school.

Luckily it's the holidays, meaning no one is around. Zeke and I agreed to come first, before everyone else does, so that we can turn off any alarms and cut any bolts. Unfortunately though our little make-out session may have disrupted our carefully thoughtout plan.