[9] Make Up, Make Out

I saw this picture and I was like FRANCISCOOOO then i realized it might not actually be Francisco...

I think this guy looks like him though, right?

*^*^*

I'm walking towards Zeke's locker, determined to put my heart on the table and tell him that I love him.

Ha ha, JOKING.

No, I've actually been told that I have to fetch the little doggy-woggy because he owes Mace or something– I don't know why, I was just told to get him otherwise Mace will fill my locker with slime.

So I walk towards his locker in a huff, annoyed that I'm leaving my precious doughnut for the sake of him not caring enough to answer his phone.

I am just about to turn the corner to where his locker should be on my left, when I hear a hushed, masculine voice. Quickly I hide, afraid to disturb the person's conversation. And also because I'm nosey but that's a minor detail...

"—don't care for her at all..." I hear and frown.

Who's this about? Why is Zeke having a hushed conversation with someone in the middle of a corridor. Unless he's on the phone?

"She wasn't worth it... She was no fun and so I just moved on... Yeah I know, I know... I liked her?" Zeke practically bursts out laughing at this.

I'm about to move closer to maybe hear the other person when suddenly there's a loud metallic slam as something hits a locker.

"That's a loud of bullshit! I was just using her to get to...I know you know but... Her name? Why do you want to know? She isn't worth the hassle... You could call her a slut or something, I wouldn't care..."

I tune out of his conversation as realization makes me want to cry. Is he talking about... me?

As quick as I can, I sprint away from him, not caring how loud my footsteps are as they thump against the floor.

I only hear the last bit of his crap before I reach the classroom that I am meant to be in right now.

"Yeah, her name was B—"

But I don't care. The fact that he was going to refer to me as 'Bîtch' hurts as well. I mean, why did he have to lead me on like that? I'm so stupid for even thinking that I had a chance with someone like him.

I walk into the classroom to see my true friends laughing. Rebecca notices me and her expression softens as she gets up to come towards my weltering figure, removing Mace's arm from her shoulders before she does so.

"Hayley! What's happened? Are you okay?" She asks and wraps her comforting arms around me.

I feel that just one word can sum up all of my anger, sadness and betrayal. "Zeke."

Dillon puts his phone in his back pocket and then comes towards me and wraps me in a hug of his own. "What did he do?" He asks as his chin rests gently on my head.

"Yeah we'll beat up that bastard." Foster replies as his hands form fists.

I pull back from Dillon's hug and face all of my protective friends, anger clear in their expressions. "No, don't. I just..." But I can't bring myself to say it.

"Shh, it'll all be okay." Rebecca soothes and takes a step towards me, but that only causes me to dive away from her.

"No... No it won't be okay." I slur as I panic.

All in a rush, I untangle myself from my friends and run towards the exit, tears streaming down my face. I can't bear it. And just to make the matter worse, guess who decides to show up just at the right moment?