[13] pt.2: Curiosity Kills Even the Best of People

*lucas mirambaud as james*

*^*^*

I let Zeke into the house. My mum's on another date with the same guy as last time which I was thankful for, so we have the house to ourselves. He turned up in a black leather jacket and looked smoking hot (not that I told him) and after leading him upstairs we sat down and took a look at my film collection.

"They're all chick flicks." Zeke chuckles, amused.

"I'm a girl. I like a bit of romance." I fight back and snatch both films of The Princess Diaries from his hands. "So you don't recognise any of these?"

"I recognise them, yeah. But whether I like them, is another matter." He confirms.

"So do you like.... Twilight?" I tease.

"Seriously?" Zeke waves his hand in the air and tosses the DVD's on the floor.

I scan the rest of the films spread out across the carpet. "Okay... The Holiday? You have to have watched that."

He rolls his eyes at me. "Of course I've watched it. I've got two sisters, how could I not have?"

I shrug and place the film back in the pile. "Well we have to find something to watch. And the only one you didn't say a direct no to was Twilight..."

"No."

"Oh come on! Unless you want to watch The Vampire Diaries, Snow White or Cinderella, I can't help you." I claim and cross my arms.

"How about this?" Zeke asks and holds up a random film that I didn't even know I had.

"Where did you find that?" I frown.

"Behind the back of the bookshelf." Zeke mentions as he assesses the description of the film. I think Rebecca got it for me for Christmas last year so it must be alright. "It's got action, adventure, mystery and romance, it says here. What can go wrong with that?"

I shrug and place the disk into the DVD player whilst Zeke makes himself comfortable on my bed. Plonking myself next to him, I watch as the figures on the screen start to move. I wriggle a bit, trying to find a comfortable position, until Zeke chuckles and slides me towards him, letting me rest my head on his chest. We lay in comfortable silence as we watch. The film is alright, the typical stereotypes and storylines portrayed perfectly, although halfway through I hear a noise.

"What was that?" I ask Zeke who looks down at me, displaying a chubby double chin.

"What?"

I hear it again. "That."

"I can't hear anythi—"

"Shh!" I hush him and wait for it again. He finally hears it and frowns. "I swear if that's Mace throwing stones again, I'll kill him." I warn and roll out of my comfortable position. I open my window only to hear the same noise again— giggling? "What is that?"

"Mace and Rebecca are having their own movie night, remember?" Zeke reminds me from where he is sat up in my bed– fully clothed, if I have to remind you.

An idea creeps its way into my mind and I grin. Mace, Rebecca and horror films all together make a great show. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Zeke frowns for a second until he visibly perks up as he realises my thoughts. He smirks. "I get it. Let's go."

I turn the movie off and put on my trainers before joining Zeke at the front door. "How are we going to do this?" I ask nervously.

"Improvise." He states with a wink. "Just be your normal badass self."