[22] *sings 5sos* Kiss me, kiss me

Only about 12 chapters to go, I repeat 12 chapters to go!

If you support Zeke + Hayley then this is you chapter :)

Please vote, comment, follow and all that jazz <3
xo

*^*^*

Soon the movie is over and Mace decides that he wants to light a campfire in my backyard. Because that's possible.

Somehow, after much stick rubbing and scraping of stones, our fire lights and soon we are cosily sitting around a blazing bonfire roasting marshmallows that I found in the kitchen, drinking alcohol from glass bottles hidden in our hands and leaning sleepy heads onto each other's shoulders like dozing pandas. Or sloths, in Zeke's case.

Rebecca and I are huddled under a blanket together whilst listening to Mace's interpretation on a recent sports match he won.

Because I care so much.

I look around at the faces of all of my friends; the reflections of the fire dancing behind their intrigued eyes, with the flickering golden light casting faint shadows across their sketched faces, making them seem more dead than alive. Dylan's floppy hair and sharp good looks, Rebecca's blush when she dares to cast a glance at Mace, and even Baz is showing some sort of enjoyment on his face. It all makes my heart beat faster. I'm happy that I have them.

Suddenly, I notice that a certain jerk isn't here.

"Where's Zeke?" I whisper to Rebecca without disturbing the others.

"I don't know. Why don't you go find him?" She winks. "You can get some alone time."

I scowl at her before crawling out from underneath our soft blanket and trying to seek some sort of figure in the darkness. My garden is quite large and is normally all in pitch black at this time, which means that I never know when I am about to walk into a bush or pond or something. We made our camp to light our fire at the bottom of my garden, so I wander back towards the house in the hope of finding Princess Mysterious.

I keep walking, not knowing where I'm treading, when all at once I get pulled to the floor.

"Zeke?" I squeal and a deep chuckle supplies me with an answer. "What are you doing down here?" I question as I lay on the grass beside him. The sky looks so pretty at this time of night, like the galaxy is having a firework display.

"Just watching the stars." He stares up into the darkness towards the glinting specs of silver.

"You didn't like Mace's story telling?" I ask mischievously.

He laughs. "Of course not."

We lay in comfortable silence for a while, watching the stars litter the sky like sprinkles of glitter. "They're so pretty." I sigh faintly.

"Then you've got something in common." Zeke glances at me with a smile, not at all ashamed.

I scoff. "Well I'm pleased I know you well enough to not take you seriously with that kind of stuff."

He bites his lip, a half smile tempting him. "I wasn't kidding."

I'm not quite sure what to say, too shocked at the possibility that he may have meant what he said.

But did he?

He has a habit of playing with me.

All at once he bursts out laughing and I slap him.

"Idiot," I mutter and allow him to sober up.

"Anyway... why did you come? Were you bored of Mace too?" Zeke breaks the ice and I forget the earlier awkwardness.

"I came to look for you." I turn on my side to face him, focused on his gorgeous face.

Oh my god, I just said that.

"Well it looks like you found me." He grins and moves a bit closer so that I have to stare into his eyes, no option of looking away.

I think he is literally playing with me right now because he is making my heart thud so fast that I swear I'm going to start crying and screaming at the same time at how overwhelmed I feel about his strange desire to win over my heart. My cheeks are flushed, and my whole body feels like electrical sparks are whizzing straight through it, making my fingers tingle. I'm just pleased that it's dark and he can't see me.

"Can I ask you something?" Zeke frowns as he looks me over.

"Yeah?"

He narrows his eyes at me. "Do you always look like this?"

I frown as my face burns. "Yeah, why? Is there something wrong with me?"

"I just never noticed before that you're so..." His voice fades as he continues to stare intensely at me.

Player.

It's fake.

He'll laugh at you in a minute.

"What a great compliment, Zeke Westley." I smile and look down at the floor. "You know how to make a girl feel good."

"Sorry." He looks away slightly before collecting himself and smirking at me. "I guess my charms are just too overwhelming for you."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah right."

We laugh for a while until the conversation falls silent.

"Seriously though, I forget to tell you that you do look really... Nice. You always look nice." He admits and I guess that is the only other word he can think to use other than 'fit' and 'sexy' compared to what he calls most girls these days.

I reach forward, about to slap him across the face for teasing me again, when my finger brushes against his lips slightly, as though tempting him. Haha no I actually fell forward slightly because I'm clumsy like that but he will never know... 

I smirk. "You look the same as you always do too."

"Is that a good thing?" He laughs uncertainly.

I grin. "No, it's actually really hurting my eyes."

He narrows his eyes at me and I realise how our faces are actually quite close right now. I feel slightly nauseous at the thought that he could kiss me.

I doubt that he will, though.

We are just friends.

We've been through a lot, but we're still simply friends. Sometimes we act like particularly close friends but I have always assumed his jokey attitude and cheesy jokes were ones that he threw at everyone, not just poor old deluded me. He is the most popular, arrogant and handsome guy I've ever met and I doubt he would drop his status for someone like me.

I watch in awe as he inches closer with a glance towards my lips and narrows the gap between us. It seems like he hasn't really thought about it, but as a spur of the moment thing he seems to be lured into getting as close to me as possible. It's kind of creepy.

Zeke Westley looks like he is just about to kiss me, when something stops him.