[26] You're Hot and You're Cold

[26] You're Hot and You're Cold... that was not meant to be a Twilight reference ;)

*^*^*

A hand clamps over my mouth.

"Shush!" A masculine voice hisses.

I'm so scared right now.

I turn around slowly to reveal my killer, but only find the annoying jerk who I like for some absurd reason.

"Zeke? What the hell!" I shove him grumpily. "You scared the life out of me."

He chuckles at my frightened face before frowning. "What are you doing in our room?" His lips widen into a smirk. "If you were coming to see me then—"

"No I wasn't." I'm quick to correct him. "I just came to find out who Rebecca is meeting."

"Meeting?"

"She got a text from someone and went downstairs. I followed and saw that your door was slightly open so assumed that one of you guys had gone to see her so I was checking all the beds to see who was missing." I explain all in one breath.

"Oh." Zeke nods in understanding and then turns to the bed next to his. "Well it looks like we found our murderer."

I follow his gaze to see Mace's empty bed.

"But what is he doing with Rebecca?" Zeke frowns and I grin.

"Guess." I raise my eyebrows at him suggestively and he seems to get the gist.

"Oh." He starts. "Ohh..."

I roll my eyes. "Come on."

"Where we going?" I hear as I drag Zeke out of the room like a naughty child.

"To spy on them, of course." I say like it's obvious and he grins at me.

"Badass." He speaks fondly, as though admiring his work.

I roll my eyes. "Come on bad boy, we haven't got all day."

Finally we get to the kitchen but the door is firmly closed and I don't want to risk touching the squeaky handle.

"What now?" I hear from behind me. It's only now that I fully realise the fact that Zeke has no top on. He's wearing grey jogging bottoms and nothing else. I repeat, nothing else.

Holy pineapples.

He clicks his fingers in front of my face to get my attention back. "Focus." He smirks.

"Hm?" I murmur as I bite my lip, staring at his abs. "I mean- oh yeah, we'll have to go round the back."

I try to get around him but Zeke purposely stands so that I have to awkwardly place my hands on his defined chest to push him away from me as I slide through the gap in between his body and the wall.

Once he has finished messing with me and silently laughing his head off, I lead the way out into the backyard. There is a window looking into the kitchen, and if we're lucky we should be able to use it to our advantage. I mime for Zeke to join me and, after I have tripped over and face planted some poor innocent pebbles, we both look over the window ledge and into the kitchen.