[14] Shockwaves

I wake up on Saturday morning in an extremely comfortable position

I wake up on Saturday morning in an extremely comfortable position. In fact, my pillow is so soft that I wrap my arms around it and tightly hug it, bringing it close. After a few seconds, I slowly open my eyes to see blue and silver irises staring down at me.

"Good morning." Zeke grins.

I immediately loosen my grip on his stomach which I seem to have latched myself onto.

"Were you watching me?" I ask as I angle my face upwards to look at him.

I expect him to blush and look away but instead he moves his head a tiny bit closer to mine. "Maybe..."

I laugh. "Perv."

He rolls his eyes. "Not in that way."

"Oh yeah? In what way then?" I question.

"It doesn't matter." He shrugs, blushing slightly. "What matters right now is that your mum doesn't see us lying in bed together and get the wrong idea. Otherwise that would be an extremely awkward conversation."

I laugh and sit up with a yawn. "Are you trying to get rid of me?"

Zeke reaches up and grabs my arm. "Not just yet." He tugs me back and I lay my head on his chest again with a gentle sigh.

It feels so great to lie next to him. He smells so good and I never want to leave.

Only something's bugging me at the back of my mind...

Friends don't do this.

I look up at his gorgeous face again and as he lays there, peacefully snoozing, I think about how much I like him. He's handsome, funny, badass yet sweet at just at the right times. And that's when I realise it.

I, Hayley O'Sullivan, have a crush on the famous Zeke Westley.

Seriously?

What am I thinking?

I'm so stupid I swear you could trade me for Karen from Mean Girls and you wouldn't tell the difference.

After a while, I remember something that I really wish I'd forgotten. "Zeke...?"

"Yeah?"

"I have to go to work at the ice rink." I sigh.

I expect him to sadly walk home but instead he shrugs. "Can I come too?"

My eyes widen and I sit up and smile at him excitedly. "Really? You'll come?"

"I don't have anything better to do." He shrugs. "Just... Five more minutes though..." He says and slowly closes his eyes so that he looks like a dead sloth.