[27] What are we?

*^*

I lean my head on his shoulder gently. "There are so many barriers in between us."

I feel his arm loop around my waist. "That's all the more reason to knock them down."

*^*^*

"Oh my f-ing God!" I hear a yell down the corridor as Rebecca runs towards me. "You won't believe what just happened."

"I know Rebecca," I start, trying not to rant, "It happens every single day."

"But not like this!" She argues, still excited.

"Oh really? Well I'll tell you what normally happens and you can play spot the difference." I deadpan. "First you walk in and Mace is there waiting for you. He takes your hands in his and kisses you like the dream boyfriend he is. Then he walks you to your first lesson, still holding your hand, and compliments you. And finally, just before leaving, he gives you another long, beautiful kiss."

"Yeah, but—" She tries again.

"No Rebecca. I've heard the story for the last week now. I've heard it all before." I grunt.

If you haven't already guessed, I'm in such a bad mood at the moment. I'm having a 'hate on all' day.

I glance at the collage of pictures stuck on the inside of my locker door. I have a few with Rebecca, but also some which all of my friends took in a photo booth. Zeke has his arm around me and we are both laughing. Mace is pulling a face, James is wearing a pirate hat along with Myles who is dressed as his parrot, and Dillon is looking cute as he simply smiles for the camera. We all look cheerful. Happy.

"What's wrong with you? You're in a weird mood." Rebecca states.

Rule number one: never tell someone who is in a shit mood that they are being grumpy. It doesn't help.

"Nothing, Rebecca." I reply moodily.

Zeke then strides towards us. "Hey." He smirks as I look him up and down. He is wearing a leather jacket and looks smoking. Not that I care..

"Hi." Rebecca smiles. "Hayley's in a bad mood."

"I am not!" I shout and slam my locker door shut.

"Woah, what's wrong with her?" Zeke asks Rebecca, his eyebrows scrunched together.

"She's been grumpy ever since I tried to tell her about me and Mace. I think she's jealous—" Rebecca says unhelpfully.

"I am not jealous and there is nothing wrong with me!" I yell.

Zeke laughs and continues talking to Rebecca as if I'm not even here. "Yeah I think you are right. Definitely jealous."

"Ugh!" I growl and turn away from them.

I'm angry. I'm angry with Zeke. I'm angry with Rebecca and her stuck up boyfriend. I'm angry with Dillon for liking me. I'm angry with Kevin for trying to break into my life. I'm angry with my mother for letting him. I'm angry with the world. I'm angry with life.

*^*^*

🔱Zeke's POV🔱

"Hayley O'Sullivan?" The teacher calls her name out in the register.

I look around. Where the hell is she? I always love this lesson because I get to annoy her.

"Where is Hayley?" Miss calls again.