[21] If only he was Romeo...

Hello again...

I hope you are enjoying so far and to be honest I love the story from here onwards... just wait ;)

Feel free to comment your favourite character, would it be odd if mine wasn't Hayley or Zeke?

Anyway if you love movie nights, chocolate and snuggling under warm fluffy blankets then this chapter is perfect for you! If not then you can sit on a little wooden chair instead. That's where Mace will be....

Anywhoooo

Love you lots, please COMMENT!
xo

*^*^*

The next day is weird. It starts normal, but then it changes.

I walk in at the start of the day to see Zeke waiting for me and we wander to our first class together. I don't really mention what I said yesterday, and neither does he. At least I know my place now, by his side as his glorious friend.

I'll repeat that: 'friend'.

Zeke is my crush and I am his friend. I need to get over all the feelings I have and move on.

We arrive to class and I get bombarded with prank ideas from Myles and James to lighten the atmosphere and then a gossip update from Rebecca.

"Mace and I aren't together," She says, almost sounding disappointed. I remember yesterday when she was sitting on his lap, their smiles so wide. "Zeke explained how he is going through some rough family stuff at the moment. Do you know what it's about?"

Rebecca spoke to Zeke?

I shake my head quickly to answer her question. Does Rebecca not know about Mr Nichilo dying? "No, but I'm sure you'll find out soon enough."

"I hope so." Rebecca sighs. "Whatever it is, I just want to help him through it."

I laugh. "Girlfriend goals."

She gives me a playful thump. "We're not even dating. You, however, did go on a date with Zeke."

"It was fake!" I cry. "I've told you that already."

"Yeah, yeah." She laughs and then remembers something I wish she'd forgotten through all the drama. "Anyway, did you enjoy your movie night with him? It seems ages ago now after all that's happened. Was it as good as the ones we have?"

"Sorry honey, but it was so much better." I tease.

"Rebecca?" A voice interrupts us. "You wanted to see me?"

I spin around to see Dillon. I try to give him a genuine smile since he was the one who explained everything to me honestly.

"Hey Dillon." I smile. "What's up?"

"Nothing much," He shrugs, his top hugging his muscles as his hands slide into the front pockets of his jeans. "Rebecca asked to see me."

I frown and turn to my best friend. "You did?"

She ignores me. "Where's Mace? He should be here too."

Dillon frowns before a loud voice answers Rebecca's question.

"Bitch! Bella! Dillon!" Mace shouts from the other end of the corridor and races towards us. The crowds of small people immediately part for him.