Chapter 4

Jenna's P.O.V
*Two Days Later*
It's Princess Rivatha's birthday tomorrow. Everyone is preparing for it tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a pain in the butt. It's turning dark right now so I'm just walking to my room. Prince Seto seems more run down then usual. I hope he's not pushing himself again. I go outside for some reason and into the courtyard. I walk to the magic grounds. I need to changes his bandages I guess. Haven't changed them since yesterday. I go into the building in the back. I stop in the doorway seeing someone at the table reading something. It's not the Prince for sure then who is it?

Prince Seto's P.O.V
I look out on the Kingdom seeing the city lights on. Psyra doesn't have many lights, but to me it still looks breathtaking. Amarisa climbs into my lap and curls up into a ball. I pet her as she falls asleep. I'm beginning to think we won't find any other wizard at all.

What I find weird is that I have magic born into a mortal family. I bite my bottom lip back. I just want to meet another wizard, just so I know I'm not all alone in this world.

'You could get, I don't know...a mortal girlfriend.' Amarisa thought.

'No. No way. Mortals, even here in Psyra, don't trust me cause they think I hurt someone every minute of every day.' I thought. I see the fireflies are out. I smile a little.

'Don't be sad.' Amarisa thought. She sits up in my lap.

"I'm not." I said. She pushes her head into my hand as I scratch behind her ears. She loves being scratched behind her ears.

'I can sense it when your sad, mad, happy, and more. And your upset.' She thought. I chew on my bottom lip a little. Amarisa ears fold back and I can tell she is concerned. She is the only one that I can really trust. Jenna and River I trust as well, but there are things I would never tell them. Like when my father decided to drain almost all my magic two days ago because I left the Kingdom. That felt horrible. That always destroys my wrists. Always. Amarisa pushes her nose against my wrist. 'Bandages?'

"It's nothing to worry about Amarisa." I said. She looks at me in the eye.

'River is turning sixteen tomorrow. Can I come to the party please?' Amarisa thought. I smile a little.

"As long as you stay away from the food. If your hungry during it, I'll get you something." I said.

'Fine. It's a deal.' She thought. I see windows open and I look at them. Princess Mystic. She walks onto her balcony. I know I have a balcony....but I like being in higher places. Room to think you know. Amarisa comes out of my lap and looks where I'm looking. 'Weird.'

"What?" I ask.

'That's the same spiked up emotion you get whenever you're around Miss Jenna.' Amarisa thought. I look at Amarisa. That's...That's a lie.

"No." I said.

'Yes it is. Human emotions are so weird.' Amarisa thought. I jump off the roof and on my balcony. Amarisa jumps down to. We go inside. Amarisa runs and jumps on my bed. I take off my jacket and shoes. I blow out the candles in my room. I climb into bed.

'I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night because you're laying on my face again Amarisa.' I thought.

'Sorry. I'll try not to.' She thought. I lay on my side and close my eyes.

Screams echoed through my ears as I cut down a mortal with a cutting spell. I look across the battlefield seeing our side seeming victorious, what could mortals think they had against an army of wizards? I fly into the air as an arrow flies underneath me. I look down at the archer. I smirk and point two fingers at them. They gasp and take steps back.