Chapter 21

Princess Rivatha's P.O.V
*Five Days Later*
I keep running, who are these people?! I bite my bottom lip. Jace. Jace I want Jace! Something grabs my left ankle causing me to fall and I fall into a puddle. My brother. Jace. Someone. I sit up on my knees as swords come near me.

"Ahh here is the Princess of Psyra." One said. My eyes widen. No. That sounds like one of the guards I grew up with. How did they find me so quickly?! One grabs my hair and I cry out in pain as they pull on it.

"S-Stop." I said.

"No. The King wants you dead Princess. So we must--" Someone rams into the guard making them fly off and into the wall. I look up and my eyes widen.

"J-Jace." I said. Jace looks at the guards.

"That's my Princess." Jace said. I blush and stare at the ground. That's my Princess...what does he mean by that?

"I thought those guards killed you." A guard said.

"Prince Seto gets around." Jace said. He then jumps towards me and I close my eyes gasping and huddling down a little as I hear bodies hit the ground. "Princess." I open my eyes and meet eyes with Jace as I see more guards come. Tears fill my eyes and I throw my arms around Jace's neck. "Princess." I bury my face in his neck.

"Don't you ever leave me again, I forbid you!" I shout.

"Then you should thank your brother." He said. I let go of him as he stands back up. "Without the Prince, I wouldn't be alive."

"Jace." I said. Then someone else jumps out and kills guards that were behind Jace. Jace turns halfway. "Prince Shay."

"You should watch your back Jace." The Prince said. Jenna comes running to us. The Prince looks at us and then at the ground and sighs. "Psyraians are such a pain."

"You know you love us, Prince Shay." Jace said. The Prince look at us.  I stand back up. The Prince looks at the guards. "Itching for a fight."

"The guards here are weak and can be taken down easily. At least the Psyraian guards are tougher then the Dusaroian ones." Prince Shay said. Jace pulls out his sword. Prince Shay looks. "You're limping Jace."

"It's nothing. Let's see what a Dusaroian Prince got." Jace said. I smile as Jace and the Prince start to take down the guards. Jenna grabs my wrist and I look at her. 

After the fight Jace comes kneeling down in front of me. He cuts something off my left ankle.

"You're still safe here Princess. Unless you want to move." Jace said. I shake my head.

"No. No my brother is coming back for us, he promised me that." I said. Jace nods. I throw my arms around his neck and bury my face in the side of his neck. I move towards him making him fall with me hugging him on top of him.

"P-Princess." Jace said. I feel his arms around my center. The warmth of his arm around me feel so good. I feel safe with his arms around me and I don't ever want to leave them. His arms leave my center and I hug him tighter as he sits up.

"Come on lets get inside." Prince Shay said. I don't move so Jace just picks me up in his arms and we start moving. I lightly kiss his neck and I feel his body tense up after I do that. I let go pf him and rest my head against his chest as we go inside. I smile hearing his heartbeat. We go inside my room and Jace sets me down on my bed. I grab Jace's arm not wanting him to leave me.

"I want Jace to sleep in my room." I proclaimed. Everyone looks at me. I see Jace blush.

"W-What?" Jace asks.

"In case of another attack, you'll be there to protect me." I said.

"Sounds right to me." Prince Shay said.

"Well it's the middle of the night. I'm going back to bed." Jenna said before she left. The Prince leaves with her. I let go of Jace's sleeve. He isn't looking at me.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." I said. He shakes his head.

"It's alright Princess. Just stay on your side and I'll try to stay on mine." He said.

"Wait try?" I ask. Jace smiles a little.

"Boys tend to misbehave." He said.

"Misbehave?" I repeat. He smirks at me a little and then looks away, not answering me. I slip off my shoes. My clothes got all wet because of that. I have to change now. I get up and walk to the closet seeing no clothes for me. l should have asked the Prince for extra clothes.

"Here." Jace said. I turn to Jace and catch his shirt. I blush seeing bandages that cover his upper torso but not his lower torso. "Put your clothes out to dry." His shirt is so warm and it smells like him. I put my back towards him.

"No peeking." I said.

"I won't." Jace said. Yeah I don't trust his word. I put his shirt on the chair as I take off my jacket. I slip off my wet shirt and put on his warm and big shirt. I look over at Jace who already crawled into bed with his back facing me. My pants are all wet but I don't want to take them off if I'm sleeping in the same bed as Jace. But I don't want to go to sleep with wet pants, so I just slip them off anyway. Jace's shirt covers half my ass but not all of it. I search the closet and find a pair of pants. I put them on and they are big on me but better then nothing. I crawl over Jace and slip under the covers. I face him and smile seeing him already asleep. I move towards him a little, I keep moving towards him towards I set my forehead against his shoulder. I let my fingers touch his abs, memorizing every bump, every scar, and every curve on his body. I smile.

"That's not staying on your side Princess." Jace suddenly said. My eyes widen and I take my hands off him and move to my side. His eyes open, looking at me. I blush under his gaze. I put my back to him and grip the blankets, my heart feels like it's gonna pop out of my chest. "If you want to be close Princess--" I feel his arm hook around my waist and he drags my back against his chest. "All you have to do is ask." I feel his hot and moist breathe against my nape making me blush harder. I can't sleep like this. I can't. I close my eyes trying to fall asleep but I feel his arm relax on my waist and he must have fell asleep. This is gonna be a long night for me.