Chapter 6

Prince Seto's P.O.V
I look in the mirror, holding up the side of my shirt the day after the party. I got a big nasty bruise on me now. Great. I drop my shirt. I want to know who went through my stuff last night, and if they took anything or messed anything up. Amarisa rubs herself against my leg. I crouch down next to her. She pushes her face into my hand. At least I know I can trust Amarisa and River...oh and Jace as well. I pet Amarisa as the Queen comes in my room. She looks at me. Amarisa turns around and hisses at her. I stand up straight.

"How did you find out?" She asks.

"So you're not even gonna cover it up?" I ask crossing my arms.

"No point. You're smart Seto, there's really no point in lieing to your face anymore." She said. She takes a few steps towards me. Amarisa hisses. "But you will not disrespect me like last night. I was the one who took care of you, I was the one who cared-"

"Then why haven't you got the guts to stop Izic from draining my magic whenever he goddamn pleases?" I ask. The Queen grabs my arm.

"You will still refer to us as your parents Seto." The Queen snapped. I look at her hand. I clench my fist. I lift my hand up a little and it glows as well as my eyes.

"Let go or else." I said. She lets go of me and backs away.

"You wouldn't dare." She said.

"Seto, what are you doing? Stop it!" Amarisa thought. I don't know what's come over me but I don't want to stop. I'm tired of being the pushover here.

"Ohhh I dare." I warned. I smile slightly.

"Prince Seto!" Someone yelled. I look towards the door seeing Jace. "Lower your hand." I look at the Queen.

"Why should I?" I ask.

"Because do you really want to turn into a cleaved wizard?" Jace asks coming between me and the Queen.

"Stay out of this Jace." I said. 

"Sure, once you lower your hand." He said. Amarisa pushes into my leg a little.

"Seto, calm down. You're not acting like yourself. I know you're upset but this isn't you." She thought. I stay still for a second till my magic disappears and I lower my hand. I clench my fists.

"Come on Amarisa." I said leaving. She follows me.

Jace's P.O.V
Once Seto left it I sighed with relief. That was scary, I never seen him act so aggressive with his magic before. It's scary.

"Thank you Jace." The Queen said walking next to me. I turn to her.

"No problem your highness. Any reason why the Prince would do this to you?" I ask her. She shakes her head.

"No. He's been very cut off from me lately, he just isn't who he use to be anymore. I've been worried about him." The Queen said. Oh, that doesn't sound like him at all.

"Well I better go to the Princess now." I said.

"Yes, goodbye Jace." She said. I leave and walk down the hall. God the Prince just totally snapped. He looked really to kill someone. I open the Princess's door and se is up and looking at herself in the mirror. I close the door.

"You know knocking isn't an option. What if I was getting changed?" Rivatha asks.

"Then I would be scarred for life." I said. She turns to me.

"I don't know whether to be insulted or complimented." She said.

"Insulted definitely." I said. She crosses her arms. "I'm kidding Rivatha." I sit on her bed. She walks towards me.

"So how do I look? Mother got me a new dress this morning, it fits." She said. She spins around and I smile slightly. She looks great in it. She looks at me. "What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing. Nothing." I said. I stand back up. "You look great Princess."

"Come on Jace, give me your honest answer." She said crossing her arms. I walk up to her. I move her hair out of her face and behind her ear. She smiles slightly.

"Fine. You look like a Princess. Beautiful." I said. Her cheeks turn red and I look away from her.

"Um..thanks." She said. I put my hands in my pockets.

"Yeah, at least your not stuck with purple hair." I said. She smacks my arm and I smile.

"I said I was sorry! Way to ruin our moment." She said. I lose my smile and look at her.

"Our what?" I ask. She takes a step back and looks away from me.

"Um...n-nevermind." She stuttered. She turns to the mirror away. "Besides Jace, I think you look adorable with dark purple hair. You make it work."

"That sounds like an insult to my pride." I said. Should I tell her about what happened with the Prince and the Queen. I mean I don't want to worry her about her brother. She already told me she can tell something is up. "How you noticed how the Prince is acting lately?"

"Yeah. I'm worried. As my big brother gets older, I'm afraid he'll cleave like all wizards do. At least that's what the history books say." She said. Cleaving is what we say is how a wizard turns against everyone. They turn evil. But nowadays it seems like every wizard cleaves as they get older. Sometimes they do cleaved, and sometimes they don't. The Prince is nearing that point where it's a risk.

"Well you know what they say, history is written by the victors." I said. She turns around and looks at me. She smiles.

"At least you never change, even when I do stuff to you that you don't deserve." She said. She hugs my center. I smile. I put my arms around her.

"I'll always be here for you Princess, I'll never leave your side no matter what. I promise." I said to her. She puts her head on my chest and I hug her tighter.

"I know you will." She said.