Chapter 23

Prince Seto's P.O.V

I open my eyes seeing only darkness and a few stones imbedded in the ground in front of me like a pathway. I stare at it and suddenly it hits me, it's cold in here. I look around trying to find a different way then the broken pathway in front of me. I walk to the right and continue walking till I get off the stone circle I was in. I start walking out into the darkness. As I walk this feeling of dread starts to manifest inside of me. I stop and turn around seeing only darkness. Then a rough and loud voice fills the darkness.

"W-Why didn't you listen?" It asks. My eyes widen and I look around me seeing only darkness. "Why didn't you follow the path?" Then I hear what sounds like claws scraping against stone. "The path...The path is sacred. Why would you leave it?!" Then I feel claws strike my back and I scream as pain engulfs me.

I open my eyes and sit up clenching my chest and breathing heavy. Amarisa jumps when I wake up. I look at her.

"S-Sorry." I said. She curls back up into a ball and falls asleep without another word. I get out of bed and slip on my boots and coat. I need some fresh air. I open the door seeing Jackson about to knock. I look at her. "Hey. Whatca need?" She lowers her hand into her pocket.

"How are you?" She asks.

"Fine." I said. She lifts an eyebrow at me. I look at Amarisa who is sleeping and she must have figured Amarisa is still asleep.

"Want to talk in my room?" She asks.

"Sure." I said. I close my door behind me and we go into Jackson's room. Jackson closes the door.

"Are you sure you are okay?" She asks me. I nod.

"I do get dizzy spells, but that's all I have gotten so far." I said. Jackson nods and then looks away from me. I lean against the wall. I feel her presence get closer to me once I look away from her. I look at her instantly seeing her directly next to me. I fidget with my sleeve and bite my bottom lip out of pure nervousness. She touches my arm and I flinch for some reason.

"I just want to check on your hands." She said. I stare at her for a few moments and let her take my hand. She unwraps the bandages and I don't see any wounds on my hands but just red irritated areas where the wounds once were. She smiles at me and something about her smile make her voice drown out from my ears. I love her smile, I don't know why either. It just feels warm and once she looks away I snap back to reality. I look at the floor. Her warm fingers touch the palm of my hand and I feel this weird tingle whenever she touches my skin. I pull my hand out of her grip and look at her. She loses her smile. "Something wrong?"

"N-No." I said. She looks away from me and takes my hand again, redoing the bandages on my hand. I look at her hands and then at her face. She is chewing on her bottom lip again and for some reason, she looks cute when she does that. She meets my eyes and I look away instantly.

"Alright done. I think maybe a day or two left till your bandages can finally come off." She said. I keep my eyes glued to the floor.

"Great. Bye." I said. I leave before she could respond. I make my way towards my room. I open the door and close it behind me. I press my back against it and slide down to the floor waking up Amarisa. I put my knees up and put my hands in my hair.

'What's your problem?' Amarisa asks. I look over at Amarisa for a split second.

"Nothing." I said. She jumps off the bed and walks over to me. She sits down letting her tail touch my leg. "You'll just make fun of me for it."

'I won't.' Amarisa thought. Yes she will! I know her! Her paw hits my arm. 'Come on.' I hesitate to speak at first. But I get up and pace a little till I finally sit in a chair.

"I...I think I love Jackson." I said. The door suddenly opens showing Amelia.

"You finally got the hint?!" She suddenly yells making me jump.

"W-What hint?" I ask confused. She comes in and shuts the door. She points her finger at me as she walks towards me.

"Seto she has been making moves on you since we left Laenadur." She said. I look at the floor and then at her. I shake my head.

"N-No she hasn't." I said. Amelia groans sounding irritated.

"Yes she was! Apparently according the Lucia and Mystic, a lot of girls make moves on you that you don't see. So when Jackson started, I felt bad for her because you my friend are oblivious!" She yelled. I stare at her for a few seconds and then look away from her.

'I agree with Amelia.' Amarisa thought. I let my eyes look up at Amelia. Amelia crosses her arms.

"Are you gonna tell?" She asks.

"T-Tell what?" I ask. She rolls her eyes and groans.

"O my god Seto. Are you gonna tell Jackson how you feel?" She asks. I shake my head.

"N-No way." I said. She uncrosses her arms and steps towards me.

"Why not?!" She yells. I don't respond to her, so she sighs. "You wanna know why Jackson is so keen on treating your hands?" I look at her. "Because it gives her to chance to hold your hand, even if it is only for a few seconds. But she got jealous when Mystic was putting moves on you."

"M-Mystic...what? She doesn--" Amelia grabs my jacket pulling on it shutting me up.

"Listen to me Seto because this is turning painful! Girls like you because you are a wizard, your a flipping Prince, you're smoking hot, and you are obviously shy which is kind of adorable." She snapped at me. She lets go of my jacket and I grab my chair. "You don't see how come girls wants your attention. Lucia told me all about your obliviousness and frankly I'm shocked. Girls would kill to have a guy like you. You're one of a kind." I look away from her feeling blush creep up my neck. "And not my type."

"Is that because of Jackson?" I ask. Amelia crosses her arms.

"Don't--" I look at her.

"You were the one who called me..what was it...smoking hot." I said making her cheeks turn red. Amelia smacks my shoulder.

"Jackson has dibs on you." Amelia said. I lift an eyebrow at her. "So are you gonna tell her or not?" I shake my head. "Why not?!"

"I just want to see." I said. I get up and she takes a few steps back.

"See what?" She asks.

"If you're right or not." I said. Amelia crosses her arms at me and then decides to talk in a weird voice.

"Darling, I am always right." Amelia said. I smile a little at her. She smiles back. "Don't screw this up."